Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Schedule

Oh ok, thanks for the info!

Landon
    Landon Herbst #24
    Burgard Cycle Race Team
    2006 LT-R450

Special Thanks to my current 2008 Sponsors:
    BURGARD CYCLE , RPM Racing Axles ,LAKER Custom ,Fly Racing , Breezewood Proving Grounds , Fasst Company , Cycra Racing , Action Motorsports , BG Racing , Top Quality Construction , MOM, DAD, and SHAUN!!!

Visit Breezewood Proving Grounds
    Check out Burgard Cycle

OK R&D really stands for Randy and Denise Powell……… the owners of the land and as of last year the promoters. I have said myself that is stood for real dusty….. and after Kyle went over the bars when he hit a goober as big as a basketball I swore that as much as I liked Randy and Denise that I was never going back. It’s a low budget blue collar track Randy’s a great dude he drives truck during the day works on his farm and the track at night. You’ll see him Saturday night working on the track and maybe at someone’s pit having a cold one……… they are good people who do the best they can with what they have to work with. Last year they got to host a D5 Pa state race and people said that Randy would fall on his a**………… but that was not the case the track was the best I’ve ever seen it and the race was a big hit. I see Randy stepping it up for this race and everything being fine. Just do me a favor and come to the track with an open mind and not a chip on your shoulder and form your own option. Like I’ve heard Randy say Jeff and Rita make it look easy……….. go buy a piece of land and go for it. Hope to see everyone there……..

Mike Kozura

Me and Kyle at the gate two years ago

Kyle Kozura #5 / KMK Motorsports
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

http://kylekozura.com

A very Special Thanks To :
    Root River Racing (Rich & Rod)
    Reimer Racing (Paul Reimer)
    ATV Fourplay (Tom)
    Hetrick Racing (Michelle & Rich)

And always in loving memory of Bubba Pap-Pap "Kizzy" and Grand-Pap Gene

Don't get me wrong, I've had some great times at that track and had a blast before.
    And Randy does bust his *** to get the track ready...

But sometimes I don't know what they're thinking when it comes to track maintenance..drowning certain areas of the track with water then hardly touching others...leaving giant mounds along the sides of the track so if you get squirly or vear off track you're likely to get messed up after a collision.

It's a decent track for what it is. Better equipment, better preparation, and a few changes and it could start to compete with the rest of the tracks in the district that people wouldn't mind going to.

I'll be impressed if anybody has enough....big ones?...to attempt the finish line though. I'd like to see it happen on a quad.
    -Justin
    YFZ450

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

Originally posted by FoxRacing81

But sometimes I don't know what they're thinking when it comes to track maintenance..drowning certain areas of the track with water then hardly touching others...
    Yeah I know what you mean...... the nice thing for us is it's only 15 minutes from the house..... after Doublin Gap and Maple Shade that's nice on the wallet.

Mike Kozura
    Kyle Kozura #5 / KMK Motorsports
    05' TRX450r Honda

450 B class ATVA

http://kylekozura.com

A very Special Thanks To :
    Root River Racing (Rich & Rod)
    Reimer Racing (Paul Reimer)
    ATV Fourplay (Tom)
    Hetrick Racing (Michelle & Rich)

And always in loving memory of Bubba Pap-Pap "Kizzy" and Grand-Pap Gene

I was looking on the internet,

is the finish line the only big jump? has anyone ever hit it on a quad? what other big hits do they have? any rhythm sections? thanks for any info, pics or vids.

Eh...here's a pic and video of the track...
    The guy in the picture and the white LTR through the video is my buddy Bob Garrison who runs Quad B...won't be racing this weekend though.

I wouldn't call the finish line a very big jump, just launches you pretty high and not the easiest takeoff run. I guess I should be more specific....

The finish line is a big single to tabletop...I'm not gonna try to estimate the gap...maybe 25-30ft. A quad will never clear the entire thing...It's rare enough to see a dirtbike clear it consistantly. Most guys just land on top of the table on dirtbikes...
    I've never seen a quad do it...I've heard stories, but doubt all of them...

The main rythem section is a couple doubles followed by a step up, a left hander then a single to table top followed by a step up into a corner, another left hander, then a pretty decent double that I've seen many get ****ed up on, but it's been successfully jumped a ton of times.
    Then there's a decent triple in the infield. Whoops after that, followed by a left hand turn and big rainbow (or horseshoe or w/e you want to call it)
    after a small double, there's a 90 foot double around a sweeping corner before the jump pictured below...never seen a quad do it...
    then a few more corners and it's the finish line and that's basically the track.

The picture below is of the "valley jump." It's maybe 50ft after off a short uphill run....the hill in the backround is the run to the finish line..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Justin
    YFZ450

98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...3-99c1fae74c85

The beginning of the video is all from R&D...you can kinda see some of the sections I'm talking about...

Then you can see how bad the track can get. Granted that video was made only at practice, I've seen it just as bad for some races.

It should be in prime shape for this weekend though. There usually good about having it in decent shape for bigger races...but no guarantees.
    -Justin
    YFZ450

any pics oif the 90n ft jump?

thanks for all man, awesome job

Re: any pics oif the 90n ft jump?

Originally posted by mrbigzmotoxer
    thanks for all man, awesome job
    Don't think I have any of it...I'll look though...

I don't think it's do-able on a quad to be honest.

Hopefully the track is still okay considering all the rain we've gotten so far...hope it stays dry for the next couple of days!
    -Justin
    YFZ450

I wish I would have seen this post before the race at R&D, but anyway.

I hope eveyone who did make it for the most part enjoyed it. You can't do anything about the rain. But from what I have heard the PAMX Quad races have gotten more than their fair share of the rain. As for track conditions period I haven't seen one track that is perfect, and we've been doing this almost 10 years.

No one wants to race in the dust or the mud. Eveyone also wants a nice smooth track. But it's not going to happen. Randy and Chuck try to make that track as perfect as they can. Between the Powell's and the Boyd's they practically live at that track and not just before race day. They have practice 3 days a week. Both families are their working on something. I can't say that about every track.

Like I said I hope everyone who made it enjoyed what racing we could do because of the rain. For anyone who is interested R&D's race schedule is posted on their site http://www.rdracewayinc.com/

Incase any was woundering about the finish line jump. Brian Green and Steven Crow have cleared that jump and they make it look easy. But their bike riders. As for the quads I've seen a lot of guys try it but no one has done it, but I could have missed something.
    MotoMom 826
    Savage Designs
    S.F.F.Racing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast