Thread: Chain lube

Question Chain lube

I am just full of annoying little questions aren't I. Anyway what are you guy's using for chain lube this would also cover being used in the sand
    Me- retired from riding, racing and miss it every day; oldest sons- 2005 450R, race ready and a lot of extras; Youngest son- sold his, he is in the US Army Infantry.

when I get my 400EX I would use ProHonda i think it is called>?
    or Maxima chain lube.
    I ride mosly trails I live in Florida.
    and when the chain wears out I will get an O-Ring chain a little more money but well worth it.

AREN'T OEM 400 & 300 CHAINS O-RING? I'M PRETTY SURE THEY ARE!

1986' , yea, there o-rings. I use Maxima Chain Wax and it works great. I ride on trails as well as on River Beds that are sand, clay, gravel, and anything else you can imagine the earth being made of and the Maxima still protects.

I would recommend the pro Honda chain lube and yes the 400ex comes stock with an Oring chain.
    1. Honda 2001 400EX - Yellow
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,
    Renthal bars (atv race bend - silver/carbon), Renthal soft 1/2 waffle grips.

2. Honda 02 Odyssey EX-L, somekinda grayish green - wife
    3. Honda 2k Civic EX, red - me

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 300EX (remains in the family)
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

I use this Bel-Ray stuff. It shoots out of the can like a foam, then turns into a lube. It really works itself into the O-rings and has kept the rust away. It was only like 6 bucks for a can at my local shop and I have had if for the whole summer so far and still have a bunch of it left. I was the wheeler every week so it gets lubed every week.
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome