Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Available power #'s that can be had from a XR650L Conversion

Originally posted by wilkin250r
    Do you have any information running gasoline?

Drag racing, yeah, I'll run methanol. But for cruising the dunes and carving bowls, I want to be running gasoline.

super unleaded around 55,

race gas, 55 to high 60's depending upon build, there are so many different bore and stroke combo's and many build specs to consider.
    XR650 quads

my buddy is in the process of putting the 650r motor in his 400ex chassis. Ive rode the 650 dirtbikes quite a bit very impressive power, crazy torque. He swapped the side covers and that w/ the L and converted to electric start.

I cant wait until its done so i can ride it. I just happen to have a cpl rolling frames over here

Nice builds 650 sounds like you know what your doing w/ these motors

Originally posted by f4istunna
    my buddy is in the process of putting the 650r motor in his 400ex chassis. Ive rode the 650 dirtbikes quite a bit very impressive power, crazy torque. He swapped the side covers and that w/ the L and converted to electric start.

I cant wait until its done so i can ride it. I just happen to have a cpl rolling frames over here

Nice builds 650 sounds like you know what your doing w/ these motors
    Side covers and elec start stuff from an XR650L onto an XR650R? That can't be right. They are completely different engines that share no parts. Now, side covers from an XR650L onto an XR600R--that I could see as those are nearly the same engine.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
    It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. "

--Mark Twain

I think he just meant his friend got an electric conversion for the R.

Without getting all crazy extended swing arm drag bike, how much trail quad reliable horsepower are you able to get out of the motor while still running gas?

simple stuff, 11:1 comp piston, exhaust, intake, cam. Maybe porting. Is 50 horses pretty easily achievable?

ya its a xr600 sorry, all this 650 talk confused me i guess lol. I havent seen it work yet but supposidly he got the electric start to work on the xr600 motor

Originally posted by f4istunna
    ya its a xr600 sorry, all this 650 talk confused me i guess lol. I havent seen it work yet but supposidly he got the electric start to work on the xr600 motor
    Yep, that makes more sense. Pretty sure I've seen that done. Took a fair amount of work if I recall, but I'm almost sure I've seen an XR600R with L electric start parts.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
    It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. "

--Mark Twain

Id definately set up electric start if i built one. I had a good ol time trying to start the xr600 bike my buddy had. Had to lean it against a tree and get a running start Im only 5'5 and 145 lol that beast got some compression, especially for someone that cant reach the ground

Originally posted by TheNewn
    I think he just meant his friend got an electric conversion for the R.

Without getting all crazy extended swing arm drag bike, how much trail quad reliable horsepower are you able to get out of the motor while still running gas?

simple stuff, 11:1 comp piston, exhaust, intake, cam. Maybe porting. Is 50 horses pretty easily achievable?
    50 horse is very achievable from a decent build on super-unleaded.
    XR650 quads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12