Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with 300ex

need help with 300ex

I just bought a 98 300ex dont kno any history bout except that it has a big gun race slip-on on it and a bent axle. i was wondering if the g -force +2 axle is a good axle to run on this quad? also how can i find out if it was jetted before or not? i plan on putting a white brothers head pipe, amr stage 3 cdi box, amr monster coil, procom hi performance rectifier on it just want to know wat the best jetting would be?

not sure if this is in the right section

Originally posted by rehmee
    not sure if this is in the right section
    Moved to a more approriate section
    ATVRiders Janitorial Technician

!!!!!DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH

Re: need help with 300ex

Originally posted by rehmee
    I just bought a 98 300ex dont kno any history bout except that it has a big gun race slip-on on it and a bent axle. i was wondering if the g -force +2 axle is a good axle to run on this quad? also how can i find out if it was jetted before or not? i plan on putting a white brothers head pipe, amr stage 3 cdi box, amr monster coil, procom hi performance rectifier on it just want to know wat the best jetting would be?
    From, what I have read and heard the G-force axles are great for the price...every bit as good as the durablue at a much lower price. If you look at the jets they should say what size they are...stock is 38 pilot and 122 main. There is no exact specs for jetting but I would start with a 40/42 pilot and 132 main and go from there (providing you are close to sea level) I would check with white bros on the jetting to be sure though. Most pipe builders will have rough jetting specs on their website.
    I am now quadless...

^what he said.

The main het should be a 6mm hex. If you look in there and it's a round sloted one w/ a adapter, it's a dynojet style jet. Numbers are different.

Just stick w/ the keihin jets.

Assuming standard elevations: 200ft-1000ft.

Stock header: 128-130 Main, stock 38 pilot, 3rd or 4th slot on the needle (top down), and 2-3/4 to 3 turns out on the air/fuel screw should be a good starting point.

Once you get the header installed and vent the airbox lid:
    132 Main, 40 pilot, 3rd or 4th slot on the needle (top down), and 3 turns out on the air/fuel screw should be a good starting point.

If you keep getting backfiring on deceleration and cant adjust it out w/ the screw, jump it up to a 42 pilot jet.

G-Force axles should be a great axle. If you race, fork out a bit extra for an LSR, but for 90% ot the people the G-Force is more than enough. Much better than the stock mild steel axle.
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

Bwamos, what's your opinion about aftermerket CDIs on an otherwise stock 300EX?

My inclination is to advise the thread-starter to forget ALL his mods, his money can be better spent elsewhere. Maybe keep the pipe, if he's set on it, but if the stock electrical system already runs, then I wouldn't waste any money on a coil, certainly not a rectifier, and the CDI will only give him gains if coupled with a cam and porting.

Your thoughts? You've played with 300EX mods more than I have.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    I'd have to agree that there are better ways to spend money on the 300 than the coil and rectifier. With an after market pipe the 300 can take advantage of the higher rev limit CDI. The stock limiter is very low and with a pipe it will hit the limiter very easily. The rest of the stock electrical parts are good for much more HP than stock though. With a cam and porting an after market CDI is almost a necessity.
    I am now quadless...

yea i would have to agree with wilkin250r, i would spend the money else where, if your set on a aftermarket cdi fine, but you probably wont see any gains because i dont believe they change the ignition curve what so ever with that particular model,,, its ebays finest though , after you go with cam and motor mods aside from exhaust then it would be better justified,

the coil and rectifier are absolutley pointless,, its all marketing hype and promises, take that money and spend it else where,

g force is a very good axle and the price is good,, ive seen some of them put through torture and come out like new.

that my 2 cents
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

400EX frame up build in the future.

If you are interested I have a white bros header with a hmf slip on and I will separate the combo if you are interested in the header. Just make me an offer and yes G force axles are really nice for the money, I would buy one if I wasnt selling the quad.

I plan on later this year to put a big bore kit, 5 angle job with bigger valves, and a stage 1 cam in it. any suggestions for wat size bore kit to get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast