Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need your opinion

need your opinion

my sons ride in the Jr. mini quad class in the C.R.A.
    The cc limit is 76cc for the two strokes.
    79cc for the four strokes does this sound like an even playing field? I have a boys that race both, a four stroke and a two stroke. I am interested in your opinions. My boy is the only four stroke rider in this class aparently. Let me know what you think.

Dump the four and go two, you will be ahead of the game . and then wait till they change the rules.
    Nichols Racing
    DRR 70
    Nichols Atvs
    Scootercraft
    DC Motorsports
    ElKA
    Malossi
    Maxxis
    2010 Neatv 70 Limited 2nd
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 6-7
    2008 champion 70cc rippin racing series 8-9

New this year
    50 limited
    DRR 50

You dealers are great help. Its always a one sided answer!

The cc numbers favor the 2 stroke
    My money is on the 2 stoke
    #6 Dale Raven
    Wotring Racing
    AGX Designs

thats the whole point 79cc four stroke is not gonna beat a 76cc the cc ratio is not fair the 4 stroke cc limits need to be up'ed so the 4 stroke can compete with the 2 stroke. that why in the big bikes a 250r (2stroke) is in the same class as a trx450r (four stroke). ? is not what engine is better he is looking for help on increasing cc limits for the 4 stroke.

That is my piont! the two stroke has a definate advantage. I want the cc limit raised for the four strokes so they can be competitive. I guess my question is. Has any other four stroke racer recieved this much flack from their raceing assocation? Is my boy the only one racing a four stroke in a class with the cc limit this close? I agree that my boy would be better off racing a two stroke, but we already have the Typhoon and sank alot of money in it to be able to finish top 10 consistantly and top5 on quite a few occasions. I don't like going the path of least resistance. I would rather be ready when the rules change and not have to play catch up.

Maybe you could find some other series that have more fair rules and let the CRA know how it ought to be.The jr. classes I know of limit by age instead of cc.Good Luck!
    MWH GNCC #513
    '05/'06/'07/'08 SOCCS Champ
    '07/'08/'09 IXCR Champ

VJH GNCC #269
    '09 GNCC 2nd,90 mod 12-15
    '09 IXCR Champ
    '08 GNCC 3rd,90 mod 8-11
    '08 IXCR 3rd,90cc

Sponsors:Spider Graphix/
    RC Motorsports/Belray
    Scott Goggles/AXO
    Rebel Gears/GT Thunder/
    Harris Farms & Fish
    Barnthouse & Cornett,CPA
    racedaypix.com
    yokelyracing.com

Check out my homepage below...

In our local district 6 they run a sr mini 90cc 2 storke max 125cc 4 stroke. You need to contact your local series and request a change in the class before the season starts. You have a couple
    months to work on them.
    #6 Dale Raven
    Wotring Racing
    AGX Designs

I and all my 3 son's race in the C.R.A. I have requested a rule change for the last two years. Last year I was a little late in my request according to the Officials. The rules had already been discussed and voted on for the 07 season.I accepted that with no question and did the best that we could. This year I started e-mailing, calling and asking officials since May. So I was sure not to get the same answer. Now their answer was that they were not going to change the rules just for one person. I am looking for some support in getting this rule changed, because that is not a valid answer to me. The rule is unjust and discriminating. If anyone would like to help me,my son, and the countless other parents that have expressed interest in racing in this class but won't waste there time because of this rule. Please call Jeff Sanders @330 466 6070 or e-mail racecra@alltel.net. Maybe he could give you a better reason than he did me. If I am wrong in wanting this class to be a little more of a level playing field.Please let me know. Thank You For your feed back!

Please call Jeff Sanders @330 466 6070 or e-mail racecra@alltel.net. Maybe he could give you a better reason than he did me. If I am wrong in wanting this class to be a little more of a level playing field.Please let me know. Thank You For your feed back! [/B][/QUOTE]

Email sent,hope it helps!

Anyone that is in the emailing mood please send one to GNCC at GNCC .Some of us that race the series would like to see them have a shifter class for the youth atv riders.If you agree for example a CR85 engine on a fully suspended TRX90 frame is a good idea email away!Thanks.

Maybe we could keep up with the Cobras?
    MWH GNCC #513
    '05/'06/'07/'08 SOCCS Champ
    '07/'08/'09 IXCR Champ

VJH GNCC #269
    '09 GNCC 2nd,90 mod 12-15
    '09 IXCR Champ
    '08 GNCC 3rd,90 mod 8-11
    '08 IXCR 3rd,90cc

Sponsors:Spider Graphix/
    RC Motorsports/Belray
    Scott Goggles/AXO