Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twist Throttle Install

Twist Throttle Install

I installed a YFZ throttle and left the red switch from the thumb throttle (it's hanging loose at the moment). Got everything together and the bike won't start. Can't figure out what went wrong. Checked the fuses, checked for shorts, made sure I turned the gas back on . . . I'm lost. And yes, I did turn the key on, press the red button . . . and no dice.
    Bud Stratton 11k

Hey Bud I'm glad you finally got that quad. Give me a call and I try to explain how it works. I'll look you up this weekend at the race and show you my set-up. I've had a dual gasser on it, but motion pro sent me a cr pro throttle and I just put it on.

Scott Plunkett 29k
    760-427-1598

I also need help!I have a dual gasser I bought for my 450ER but now intend to use it on my525KTM. Is that do-able?
    KTM 525 XC

Re: Twist Throttle Install

Originally posted by D38 Racer
    I installed a YFZ throttle and left the red switch from the thumb throttle (it's hanging loose at the moment). Got everything together and the bike won't start. Can't figure out what went wrong. Checked the fuses, checked for shorts, made sure I turned the gas back on . . . I'm lost. And yes, I did turn the key on, press the red button . . . and no dice.
    maybe dumb ? but did you make sure the cable isn't just openinig throttle a little is so may be making a little to rich to start. i had to adjust mine but works fine now. i put in the air fuel adjustment screw and adjusted a little now it starts instantly when you push start button you can't even hear the starter turn over its starts so fast, thats after its warmed up of coarse they are pretty cold natured hope this helps. also unplug the switch just to see if it starts should start just will die under throttle in gear but should run fine in neutral
    McShane's ATV Racing

MUNN RACING, PRO ARMOR, KENDA USA, FMF, HOUSER RACING, GALFER USA, 661, ENGINE ICE, TWIN AIR, AMSOIL, ONE INDUSTRIES, RK, MOTION PRO,MOTO X NUTRITION, RENTHAL, ASV INVENTIONS, POWER MADD, FASST CO., GAERNE, MAGURA, SUPREME WESTERN PRODUCTS, STORM LAWN & GARDEN, AND MORE TO COME.
    SPECIAL THANKS TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO HELP OUT EACH WEEKEND.

Call me stupid . . . I don't know if it makes a difference but I used a Motion Pro "Vortex" throttle and you got it right . . . it's a little too short and I had to cut off the set nut on the carborator side to give me just enough length to make it work. Downside is, no adjustment at the carb . . . I'll live with that. Thanks for the help.
    Bud Stratton 11k

KTM could make this easier for us if they make a twist throthle available...

amen to that or at least a way to bypass safety switch
    McShane's ATV Racing

MUNN RACING, PRO ARMOR, KENDA USA, FMF, HOUSER RACING, GALFER USA, 661, ENGINE ICE, TWIN AIR, AMSOIL, ONE INDUSTRIES, RK, MOTION PRO,MOTO X NUTRITION, RENTHAL, ASV INVENTIONS, POWER MADD, FASST CO., GAERNE, MAGURA, SUPREME WESTERN PRODUCTS, STORM LAWN & GARDEN, AND MORE TO COME.

What about a throttle from one of the KTM bikes?
    http://www.myspace.com/steveno374

I've decided to retire, 2007 was my last official season racing competitively.

I used KTM throttle first but still need to bypass switch, worked fine I just wanted 1/4 twist not 1/2 twist
    McShane's ATV Racing

how did you bypass switch , i'm trying to put an 05' honda thumber on it , and need to find out how to bypass the switch , jumping the wires at the throttle doesn't work, starts, but as soon as you give it gas , it stalls , it's a "normally open circuit"
    ???? Please post info if you can...

CCRIDER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast