Thread: Raptor 80 wont start/ using starter

Raptor 80 wont start/ using starter

We got a raptor 80 on trade and it wont start now using the starter. It will start if you drift start it. I thought the starter might be getting weak so I bought a new one still no start. It has a starter clutch on it, so does anybody think that could be the prob.. Maybe it is slipping or not turning fast enough. It sounds like the gear slips and spins now and then. I dont know much about these little things we got it just to ride in the woods. I mostly work on the cvt mini's and 85cc bikes with real clutches.
    Drew-- atv 90 mod. 07' 1st place West Virginia Championship series 300ex w/ cr85 (built )motor Wiley-- atv 70cc 3rd place 07' West Virginia Championship series (Bombardier ds) 1st place 50cc oil inj. 07' WVCS Cobra P-3

Having the same problem as you. I was told that it is the intake valves - they need to be adjusted. I have not had time to get to mine. Let me know if that is what you find. I will try in two weeks on mine, will check in.

Do you know what the valves need to be set at?
    Drew-- atv 90 mod. 07' 1st place West Virginia Championship series 300ex w/ cr85 (built )motor Wiley-- atv 70cc 3rd place 07' West Virginia Championship series (Bombardier ds) 1st place 50cc oil inj. 07' WVCS Cobra P-3

Sounds like it's low on compression. Maybe time for a piston and rings. You might also take off the side cover and check out the flywheel. These are known for the rivets getting loose. Puts it just enough out of time to make it hard to start.