Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swing Arm Skid

Swing Arm Skid

What do u guys recommend for the best swing arm skid plate out there for my 400ex? i want a tough plate, but i dont want to take away a ton of ground clearance. Also price is important, becuz i dont really want to spend a ton of money on one. I ride at the Badlands mostly (besides my house and surrounding woods/farms) and its somewhat scary to hear the rocks and pea gravel scrapin along the underside of ur quad. I bought a maier plastic skid for my chassis, and i have had no problems with it, amd i'm lookin to by maier a-arm skids also. i have had them on my warrior for over a year now, and theres not one scratch that is deeper than about 1/32 of an inch. Thank for the suggestions. lata
    D400ex909

2001 400ex- renthals w/pro grips, k&n air filter and outer wear, dg alloy nerfs, 20/11/9 holeshots on itp steel rims, 20/10/9 Roosters on .190 douglas rims, 14tooth renthal sprocket, and maier full chassis skid

Other quads---- '98 Blaster, '00 Warrior, '98 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4, and '00 YZ80
    Also... 2 Polaris 440 snowmobiles

PRM is the only skid i will run. its priced right with the others and IMO is the best.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I think the Pro-Tect stainless one will stand up to more abuse than any other
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

I have protect on my 400ex and I have prm on my 300ex.

In my opinion the pro tect skids are over rated. The first time I went riding with it it bent until it was rubbing my brake rotor and my chain dug into my chain guard untill it hit metal. I bent it back afterwords and it was fine. Now, after everytime I ride I find myself beating on it to get it back in shape. I also don't get to ride often and it maybe has 5 real rides on it. It bends everytime. It is not worht the $145 dollars or however much they are selling it for now.

Just get PRM. You can have two PRM's for the price of one Protect. If the only rocks you deal with are pea gravel and small rocks, you will not bend the PRM.
    -2001 300ex-
    -1999 400ex-

aight, thanks a lot
    D400ex909

2001 400ex- renthals w/pro grips, k&n air filter and outer wear, dg alloy nerfs, 20/11/9 holeshots on itp steel rims, 20/10/9 Roosters on .190 douglas rims, 14tooth renthal sprocket, and maier full chassis skid

Other quads---- '98 Blaster, '00 Warrior, '98 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4, and '00 YZ80

Re: Swing Arm Skid

Originally posted by D400ex909
    I bought a maier plastic skid for my chassis, and i have had no problems with it, amd i'm lookin to by maier a-arm skids also. i have had them on my warrior for over a year now, and theres not one scratch that is deeper than about 1/32 of an inch. Thank for the suggestions. lata

How do you like the maiers? Are they good quality? Are they strong? I wanna go on the jack frost trails but i dont have a skid yet. Thihnk maiers would be good?

GT300 is offline Some1 to represent da 80s
    How is the duarblue hammerforce skid? Anyone have one?
    250R w/ some go fast goodies

So far for me, the maiers have been great quality, and the best priced there is. For my 400ex, they were somewhere between 50-60 dollars, and thats much better compared to the 90-120+ aluminums. They have the 2 oil drain holes, and they r great in how they r made. They have a simple and effective mounting system with around 6 or 7 clamps and u bolts. they all matched up perfect, took about 10 min. If i were u, i would buy them over ne others, but thats JMO
    D400ex909

im getting a armidillo swing arm skid form what i hear they are industructible. They are constructed form .250 stainless steel. And they are only 65 bucks form rocky mountain.
    killer

i would go PRM or Maier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast