Thread: Taft and Awards ceremony?

Taft and Awards ceremony?

Hey everyone!

Thanks for taking a look at this thread. I was hoping you might be able to answer some of my questions and maybe others have the same questions!!

My main question is how long does the awards ceremony take? I have a decent drive afterward and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to stay sunday night and just drive home Monday!

Do we have to bring anything to the banquet?

How does everyone dress for the thing? Casual...dressy?

While were here...what is the Taft track like? Is it a rough track? Brutal? Fast? Whooped out? Just curious...

Hope to see everyone there!
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro
    AmsOil
    Elka Suspension
    ASV

Sean told me its Business casual .
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I dont have any info on the banquet, but I do on the track. The tack is a rough track. It has a lot of square edges. The dirt there sucks too. If they water it theres mud. If there is no water its really dusty. It is really hard to get an in between surface.
    06 LTR-450
    Curtis Sparks pipe, PCIII, CP 14:1 Piston, Hot Cams intake and exhaust cams, Fuel ATV clamp, Rath Bumper, Grab Bar, Nerf Bars, Fasst Flexx Bars, Hiper Fronts, ITP Baja Rears, LSR axle, Powermadd Handguards, Galfer Brakes, I-Shock Re-valve, Precision Stabilizer

WORCS - #67

Sponsors: Curtis Sparks Racing, Alba Action

Originally posted by hanes17
    I dont have any info on the banquet, but I do on the track. The tack is a rough track. It has a lot of square edges. The dirt there sucks too. If they water it theres mud. If there is no water its really dusty. It is really hard to get an in between surface.
    Ive talked to a local promoter and some of the dirt bikes about Taft.. All I get is a turned up nose when mentioning Taft. lol

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Thats funny most people i talk to love it. Neat off road section, nice rolling hills, awesome camping, great views for spectators. ya gets rough, but dont all worcs tracks?
    Proud father of
    Buddy Williams #16
    7 Time National Champion
    3 Time ITP Quadcross Champion
    World MX 90cc Champion
    First runner up ATVSport Youth Cross Country Rider of the year 07&08
    www.buddywilliamsracing.com

2012 Season Sponsors

Fox Racing Shox
    Walsh Racecraft
    DWT
    Motoworks/Can Am
    x-stream composites
    DP Brakes
    GPR steering stabilizers
    Stuck on Racing Graphics
    Maxima Racing Oils
    Leatt inc.

taft is a great quad track. very wide everywhere and fast. the pits are big and all lighted up, the owners are really cool people too. I think it will be a great place to end the year. There is usually a lot of district 37 riders there and those guys are pretty fast. It does get hard packed in some places and can get be muddy in others. there was paved road section the last 2 years. It is actually a lot like our swamp track in Overton, Adrenalinefreak.

Originally posted by raidernut
    Thats funny most people i talk to love it. Neat off road section, nice rolling hills, awesome camping, great views for spectators. ya gets rough, but dont all worcs tracks?
    Just remember... We are talking dirt bikes here .. lol
    Most of the guys seems top be abit spoiled and like there tracks perfectly groomed and not overwatered.
    Were used to getting what were given and appreciate what we can get .
    I have actually heard a couple other quad riders on this site that have said they didnt care for Taft in the past.

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

I love Taft, Honolulu hills is a blast.

It does get a little blue groove and chopped up, but it's still fun.
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Taft gets ROUGH.........and silty........the mx portion will get huge holes in the long sweepers......and the offroad portion will get even more.....so make sure your suspension is dialed in for Taft.
    Corry Weller

#801 SR1 - Lucas Oil Series
    #29 2009 YFZ450R

www.wellerracing.com

Looks like Kelsey gets to hang with everyone at Taft...
    She is getting "sponsored" round trip airfare from a riders family so she could hang out with everyone for the award ceremonys.
    Lucky lil **** LOL she is very excited to hang out with everyone so BIG thanks and very nice of them to think of her
    This is my 1st time sending her off on a plane.... Im gonna be a bag of nerves . :cry:

Have fun at Taft everyone and take LOTS OF PICS !!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!