Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WORCS riders-please read

WORCS riders-please read

I am passing this along from a fellow rider from another site, I think this would be a good thing for everyone to do at our final round in Taft .
    God Bless .

As Im sure most of you are aware- the recent death in the ATV racing community has touched many of us. We all sometimes feel invicible on the race track doing what we are so passionate about, then this tragedy maybe puts a little chink in our armor. I dont know Maxwell or his family- but as a parent I can only imagine how they may feel at this time. What I propose is something maybe that can help the family get thru this time and begin the healing process.

In many other sports when a fellow comrade goes down- they often display something on their gear to remember them- a sticker on a helmet or even a black arm band. Maxwell was competing in the Production B race at WORCS Round 9 @ Pismo Beach, California, he was riding under a day pass thru WORCS with the number 3525. Im encouraging each of you racers to take a moment and maybe remember Maxwell by putting the number 3525 on your gear for at least one race in his honor!
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I think thats a really good idea! On the WORCS website they put up a note talking about Maxwell. I think it would be a great idea to see if WORCS would post up a note about your idea on their main page!! That way more people would see it

Another option would be to also have a piece of black ribbon tied to the rear grab bar on everyone's quad!! Which would be a really easy but noticeable..

I can only imagine what his family is going through and I think you hit it home expressing that when out on the track it's easy to get into the mode and forget that were not invincible!

WORCS mentioned releasing his parents address and then people could send their condolences which I think is another good idea!
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro
    AmsOil
    Elka Suspension
    ASV

Hey Tina,

I wrote Pepper and passed along your idea as well as the ribbon idea and even offered to supply the ribbon at the WORCS trailer in an effort to get everyone to attach one to their quad!

I'm waiting to hear back from Pepper!

I hope you don't mind that I passed it along, I told pepper it was your idea and then also mentioned the ribbon idea which I think would go well together!!

It's just so sad and I think this is a great way to pay tribute to him!!
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro
    AmsOil
    Elka Suspension
    ASV

Those are good ideas or what I was kind of thinking like maybe get some of those little number plate stickers made and make them available for like a couple dollars each and then the money could go to the family and help them out in that way too...just a thought.
    Roll Design YFZ 450, Roll Arms, Elka long travel elite shocks, NGR Engine, Yoshi Tri Oval Exhaust, Roll Pegs and Steering Stem, IMS classic bumper, Flexx Bars, Precision Stabilizer

Thats actually a great idea!! If a major company would supply the little number plates and then the money could go to the family it would make it look nice and be a great way to show he'll be missed!

I was trying to figure out how I was going to put his number on my bike or my helmet or gear, but that's a great idea!!

Wonder if someone would be interested in supplying them?!?

If thats going to happen it would have to happen quick because it will take sometime to generate all of them!
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro
    AmsOil
    Elka Suspension
    ASV

Mini number-plate stickers are in the beginning stages as we speak.

Hold on for a bit for some further info....
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Hey guys I'm having a tough time with the loss of Maxwell, not that I knew him or his family, but because earlier in that lap he and I had a great back and forth passing battle. The last time he got by me I thought that I would keep him in my sights and pass him later, then I lost sight of him and thought he cheeked out on me.
    Honda 06 450ER
    Walsh A-arms and 25:17 Swing Arm, Fox, Duncan 470, Rath

Honda 06 450ER (practice and backup)
    Roll Design A-Arms, Custom Axis, Holz Rear linkage, DASA Engine work

I originally started a thread over at pittraffic.com as something the racers from the Northwest could do to show some support. It's now evolving into something bigger- which is really great.

As of now- with the help of another racer (Bdunner) we have had some small stickers made with Max's name, number(at least the day pass from WORCS #), and the date. As mentioned originally it was just something we could do locally- so the original order for stickers wasnt that big. However now- we are looking at the feasibility of maybe taking this a step further and do something more and beyond my original idea. I need to firm up a few details yet- but keep an eye out for additional information to come tomorrow or on Friday about this.

Thanks,
    Dan Wade
    Team Money$hot #757

Originally posted by Backcountry
    I originally started a thread over at pittraffic.com as something the racers from the Northwest could do to show some support. It's now evolving into something bigger- which is really great.

As of now- with the help of another racer (Bdunner) we have had some small stickers made with Max's name, number(at least the day pass from WORCS #), and the date. As mentioned originally it was just something we could do locally- so the original order for stickers wasnt that big. However now- we are looking at the feasibility of maybe taking this a step further and do something more and beyond my original idea. I need to firm up a few details yet- but keep an eye out for additional information to come tomorrow or on Friday about this.

Thanks,
    Dan Wade
    Team Money$hot #757
    I think your idea is great Dan
    And the wheels are now in motion...
    this is what I LOVE about our ATV community.Ya'll are like my extended family . We are all like one big family that pulls together and you could DEF. see this stand out proudly this past wk. end ....
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

I received an email from Jason Reed (worcs) and they said they had the little number plate stickers made for Maxwell and they will be at the WORCS trailer at Taft. They also like the idea of the black ribbon and will be doing that as well!

I think its really great how everyone can come together and take the time to remember a fellow rider/racer!

I will see you all in Taft.

BTW-in the letter Jason sent out I believe he mentioned the number thing was my idea but it was Tina's and then WORCSYFZ199 came up with the actual number plates so all good ideas!!

I will be bringing a roll of ribbon to Taft and leaving it at the WORCS trailer for everyone to use. Maybe take donations for the ribbon and have it sent to the family!
    Donna Espensen
    WORCS #42

2009 SPONSORS:
    Carter Powersports
    GoForItGraphics.com (G4)
    FMF Exhausts
    GPR Stabilizers
    Maxxis Tires
    EBC Brakes
    TwinAir Filters
    Fasstco
    StrengthPro