Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Squeaky???

Question Still Squeaky???

My 400 is still squeaking in the rear. it seems to be a constant squeak, squeak, squeak as it rolls along.
    i have raised the rear wheels and could not detect where the squeak was originating.

any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1. Honda 2001 400EX - Yellow
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,
    Renthal bars (atv race bend - silver/carbon), Renthal soft 1/2 waffle grips.

2. Honda 02 Odyssey EX-L, somekinda grayish green - wife
    3. Honda 2k Civic EX, red - me

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 300EX (remains in the family)
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

Is it a squeak or a scratching? cause if its a scratching its your skid plate rubbin on your brake rotor.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

ps . your bikes sweet looking wish mine was that clean
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Nak... it is a squeaking.
    i wonder if the axle bearings could need greasing.
    if so, is this a difficult task?

thanks for the clean compliment. still looks the same, except for the renthals and modified silencer.
    Pro Circuit headers and T4 silencer, Dynojet kit (170 main), stock air filter, top cut out of airbox lid with panty hose streched over top,

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

If the bearings are dry they will give a squeaking sound. There is no way to grease the bearing, since they are a sealed bearing. I doubt that it is your bearings, the thing that take them out is water and mud. Yours is way to clean to say that is the problem. Unless you do a better job of cleaning then I do.
    Have you checked the rear brake pads? If they are getting low on material you could get brake chatter that would make a squeaking sound. If all else fails maybe the tube between the bearings could use some lubrication.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

i say its the bearings, my rear end squeeked after i went on a trail ride and i loosened the 4 bolts on the back of the swingarm and a load of water came pouring out.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

make sure your chain isnt hitting the rear skid plate.

IT'S A NEW BIKE LOOKS AS IF IT ONLY HAS A FEW HOURS ON IT.

TALK TO YOUR DEALER I THINK IT MAY BE SOME SORT OF BUSHING THAT HASSN'T WORN IN YET- I HAVE A BUSHING ON THE FRONT OF MINE THATS GOING OUT AND MAKING THAT SOUND- IT IS NERVE RACKING THOUGH-

OR YOU COULD GO BUY A LOUDER PIPE THEN YOU COULDN'T HEAR IT IF YOU WANTED TO
    LATER>

i have a 2001 also and mine did the same thing after the first ride. all i did was take a can of silicon spray and spray around the the axle carrier on both sides and push it around to work it in. goes right away. i do it after every ride now and i also do the a arms, shocks, swing arm bolt, etc., to keep them lubed.
    01 400EX
    - Black Shockwears
    - PRM Full Bottom & Swingarm Skids
    - AC Racing Mudscreen Bumper
    - LSR Blockoff Plate

thanks for the advice. I too have silicone sprayed the little seals on each side of the axle and it stops the squeak for a short time, then it's back. Sounds like nothing to worry about.
    I like the post about "louder pipe"! Good idea, after our baby is born, i will do just that.

prevoiusly owned bikes:
    2001 CR125
    2001 CR250
    1988 KX250 (in 1992)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast