Thread: motor oil in air box need help?

motor oil in air box need help?

I went to the country this weekend and it was running fine then it died so I got it re started and it wouldnt idle so when I got back I checked the air filter and there was motor oil in the air box and its coming from vent tube that goes to the motor and when I get it started air is blowing out of the breather like the crank case is pressureized what would be causing this ?? I have a dyna tek cdi,k&n filter dyno jet kit and a 2" exhaust tip It ran normal when I got it going but there was more oil in the air box any help would be great
    86 250r, Elka elite shocks,310 stroker with some port work, paul turner eliminator pipe, boysen rad valve, pro design reed spacer, 38 A/S carb burguard stem Jansen super coil, 1+1 burguard a arms, G force axle, 89 polished swing arm

04 rhino, dyna tek cdi,dyno jet kit 2" exhaust tip, 26" mud kats, cd player & speaker bar, K & N air filter

Thats a common problem, when running hard the crankcase creates pressure and pushes oil out that breather hose into the air box, pretty stupid design there is a fix its called a siphon break its a little tank the oil goes into instead of the air box most places that deal with rhinos should have it or know where to get it I got mine at kms performance.
    97 Banshee
    06 Rhino SE

Its creating quite a bit of pressure just idleing or just cranking it with the starter
    86 250r, Elka elite shocks,310 stroker with some port work, paul turner eliminator pipe, boysen rad valve, pro design reed spacer, 38 A/S carb burguard stem Jansen super coil, 1+1 burguard a arms, G force axle, 89 polished swing arm

04 rhino, dyna tek cdi,dyno jet kit 2" exhaust tip, 26" mud kats, cd player & speaker bar, K & N air filter