Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twist throttle install ???

Twist throttle install ???

Hey guys me and my friend just installed a terrycable gasser! The problem is the safety device used on the stock throttle to start/give it gas after it starts How do you bypass??????? We have tried a few ways and it won't work with out a toggle switch!

WE INSTALLED TWIST OFF A YFZ450 LAST NIGHT WORKED GREAT. WE ARE WORKING ON THE SWITCH IT WILL RUN YOU JUST HAVE TO PUSH THE MICRO SWITCH TO GET IT TO START. I'LL POST YOU SOLUTION IN ALITTLE WHILE KTM JUST EMAILED ME DIAGRAM TO BYPASS.
    McShane's ATV Racing

MUNN RACING, PRO ARMOR, KENDA USA, FMF, HOUSER RACING, GALFER USA, 661, ENGINE ICE, TWIN AIR, AMSOIL, ONE INDUSTRIES, RK, MOTION PRO,MOTO X NUTRITION, RENTHAL, ASV INVENTIONS, POWER MADD, FASST CO., GAERNE, MAGURA, SUPREME WESTERN PRODUCTS, STORM LAWN & GARDEN, AND MORE TO COME.
    SPECIAL THANKS TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO HELP OUT EACH WEEKEND.

Thanks for you help can't wait to get the info from you

okay the safety switch is linked to the clutch through the cdi box. I think we have solution. have to get micro switch monday to try out i'll post you with results. the good thing is you only have to push factory switch once until you turn off key so if you kill it in the woods should restart without remembering to push switch. I zip tie mine to bars next to throttle.If what we have in mind works i'll post part needed and diagram on how to wire
    McShane's ATV Racing

MUNN RACING, PRO ARMOR, KENDA USA, FMF, HOUSER RACING, GALFER USA, 661, ENGINE ICE, TWIN AIR, AMSOIL, ONE INDUSTRIES, RK, MOTION PRO,MOTO X NUTRITION, RENTHAL, ASV INVENTIONS, POWER MADD, FASST CO., GAERNE, MAGURA, SUPREME WESTERN PRODUCTS, STORM LAWN & GARDEN, AND MORE TO COME.

I'm very interested in this for the KTM 525 because i hate thumb throthle...

I'm hoping to see more news from you guys about it

if you get it to work, please let us know asap. the factory team has a different ecm and doesn't have the switch.
    stiller motorsports
    kawasaki,ktm,can-am
    724 545-1070

twist throttle install

If you are referring to the duel gasser I bought one for my 450ER but havn't installed it yet because I am considering buying a 525XC..Would the one I have work on the KTM or would I have to exchange it or buy another one? Anybody know? Another question while I have the best information source out there,since Rekluse makes an auto clutch for the Outlaw would I be safe to asume it would fit the KTM?
    KTM 525 XC

The gasser will work it's bypassing the elctrical switch is what we can't figure out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks for the reply.Wish I could help you!
    KTM 525 XC

I have all the parts to try now I will install this weekend I'll give you results Sunday and what parts you need and diagram if it works.
    McShane's ATV Racing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast