Thread: What's the best gearing for 400

Question What's the best gearing for 400

Hey what is the best size sprokets to get for the 400? I want good acceleration and mid-range for mx racing. let me know what you think. thanks for your time
    Honda TRX450r

GNCC racer

it all depends on many things. size of tires, any engine mods, and type of track, to name a few. i am currently runnin 16/36 and love it, but 16/37 works good and so does 15/36 and 15/37. im runnin 18 inch holeshhots and have done some power adders to my engine. but runnin 18 inch tires with few engine mods, id say 15/36 or 15/37 or 15/38. runnin 20 inch tires, i would go with 15/38. this is just what i have found to work. id say it has a lot to do with the track and conditions also. hope i helped some, but i dont believe that there is one gearing that out performs all on every track. so experiment.
    2000 426ex; wb cam, HMF full system w/ shortened silencer, FCR41 carb, custom axis shocks, etc.. for complete list check out my website

I want to thank my Sponsors, Speed Freaks, On The Edge Honda, Wiseco, Scott goggles, Houser racing, and Carb Parts Warehouse

for mx'ing with 18" tires a 16 front with either a stock 38 tooth or one smaller 37 tooth is the best all around in my opinion. for 20 inch rear tires stock gearing or one smaller rear 37 works well