Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a-arm shock mount ?

a-arm shock mount ?

i've read on here that the shock mount is mounted wrong on the 125. can i just have a welder weld a new mount on top of the a-arm directly above the one underneath and be good to go? or will i have to do something else to it? will this give it enough or more groung clearance, or is this mod not worth to do. thank you.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

From what i have read,you could be right. Move to top and 1/4 inch out,thats what i have read.We left our bike the way it is,hated to foul up the finish on the a-arms,and they seem to work for our 40 pound rider.Greg
    If it aint broke,don,t give it to me,i,ll break it

I was considering doing the same. My son is 115lbs. and would benefit from moving the shock mount to the top of the a-arm. I just do not want to attempt this on the only set of arms we have. If anyone out there has replaced the stock a-arms with aftermarket ones and have no need for the stockers any longer please let me know...

Jam is 6 and only 48pds. The shocks work fine for him. Took him to his 1st MX track last saturday and he was jumping just as far as the kids on the dirtbikes on the kiddie track. Shocks didn't bottom out once. Soaked every landing up and actually didn't even seem as if they were working too hard. Of course the weight had alot to do with it but he could ride these shocks just fine for at least another year or two before we need aftermarkets depending on how much he grows.

I recently ordered a VM26mm kit with the UNI filter. How will this help the performance of the bike? I'll also soon be going to a highcomp piston, cam, and portwork in a few months as well.
    If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~hotscott03/

Sons:
    Jhamir "JAM" Scott #320
    KX85

Sponsors:
    Firepower Minis Motors
    Pirelli
    Artistic Apparel
    Smith Optics
    Athena
    DeCal Works
    PitPosse
    AGV Helmets
    Signs A Rama (Lakeland)
    ASV Inventions
    Dirtyfoot Adventures
    O'Neal USA
    TwinAir
    OneNation Extreme
    R1R Performance
    C4 Suspension

My kid has the Elka set up. The shocks are 13 1/4 with the mount on the bottom (stock a-arms) he races twice a month and jump the sh*t out of it 9-60lbs. I have had no problems yet I check the welds every time out NO CRACKS! If you look at some of the bigger set up the long travel systems have the mount on the bottom. The Elka set up does give more clearence for the front of the bike!

Originally posted by azextreme
    My kid has the Elka set up. The shocks are 13 1/4 with the mount on the bottom (stock a-arms) he races twice a month and jump the sh*t out of it 9-60lbs. I have had no problems yet I check the welds every time out NO CRACKS! If you look at some of the bigger set up the long travel systems have the mount on the bottom. The Elka set up does give more clearence for the front of the bike!
    What model # elka shocks are you using on the front, and what is the rear shock length and model #. Greg

That was a stupid question i asked about the shocks . I went to the ELKA site i did some reading . Built for the rider,riding style,and bike you are putting them on . Greg

Yes, Just go to your local Elka dealer. They have a set up just for the typhoons I would get the fronts (they are based off of stock bottom mount a-arms) dont waste your money on the rear get the long travel system from, I'll PM if needed!

Moved the shock mount......sits much better. Stock TRX450 bumper.

Linc
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice pic. thats what i was looking for. i'll be getting one for my son next week. he just turned 8. i'm guessing he weighs about 70 pounds or so. he is bottoming out his stock trx90 suspenion. so expensive to upgrade the trx. he rides pretty hard ,but is not interested in racing at the moment. thanks.
    06 700r raptor, 05 250 recon, ,07 trx90/hetrick pipe, pw 80 yamaha,07 xtreme125 typhoon with evos 140 motor, thanks to wife for posting pics!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast