Thread: Db sound limit!?

Db sound limit!?

Hey all, I live in Florida and I race in a little series called FTR. They have a strict rule on exhaust systems. The exhaust must pass a decibel test of 96db with a max read-out of 97.5db . How does the KTM measure in at? The testing is done at I think 1500rpms, 12inches from the pipe opening.

I really, and I mean REALLY want this quad, but don't want to get it and find out the factory exhaust is too loud for this.

Thanks in advanced.

I passed at the first ftr harescramble no problem, its very quit.

WOOT!

Thanks! What class do you run? How did you like it?

I run Bopen. I have only about 5 hours on it but love it. At that race though I hit a tree and broke the frame and aarm

Awesome! I also run B-open. I had pretty bad luck last year with my quad breaking nearly every race.

If I get the KTM, we will be 525 brothers!

Since you have been checking the thread, if you dont mind me asking, where did you get yours? I have called around and only mike's cycle center in ocala has one, but they want 9800OTD.. What did you pay for yours?

Thats a pretty good price, I got mine at cycle sports center in orlando and paid retail(9,000=10,200otd). Are you racing jacksonville? I should be their on the honda #36. I dropped the ktm off at walsh race craft since ktm won't even let me order parts yet and should have it back in about a month.

I dont think so. My Yamaha is down.

I'm working on getting the ktm asap (when the recall part comes in)

Re: Db sound limit!?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by svtbolt04
    [B]Hey all, I live in Florida and I race in a little series called FTR. They have a strict rule on exhaust systems. The exhaust must pass a decibel test of 96db with a max read-out of 97.5db . How does the KTM measure in at? The testing is done at I think 1500rpms, 12inches from the pipe opening.

96 db FROM THE FACTORY

Re: Re: Db sound limit!?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LT250_JOE
    [B]
    Originally posted by svtbolt04
    Hey all, I live in Florida and I race in a little series called FTR. They have a strict rule on exhaust systems. The exhaust must pass a decibel test of 96db with a max read-out of 97.5db . How does the KTM measure in at? The testing is done at I think 1500rpms, 12inches from the pipe opening.

96 db FROM THE FACTORY
    pm me some info on your quad racer and where in pa you are.
    www.6gearmotorsports.com