Thread: LT80 clutch questions

LT80 clutch questions

1996 Suzuki LT80, completely stock except boring for new piston and rings.

This bike has never felt very strong on takeoff. It just feels high geared. I have compared to some newer LT/KFX80's. I am about to sell the bike and I want to be sure I am not selling a problem to someone else. If interested, let me know! I am asking $900. It has new maier fenders and hood with headligt from last fall and the top end was done. I also have a set of crank bearings the machine shop told me I didn't need.

I recently replaced the belt and cleaned the clutches. When I put the rollers back in I did not grease them. The result was a very fast shiftout that bogged the motor. I went back and removed two rollers and greased the four and now shiftout is good but the belt slips on takeoff and at low speed hard throttle. Any ideas on my problem? Could the problem be the secondary spring getting weak? I know it could use some new rollers.

Thanks in advance.

If the rollers are flat, then that needs to be fixxed first to know.

The torque spring does do what you mentionerd but on a stock motor it's usually not an issue.
    I doubt the grease made the difference.
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05