Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number Plates

Number Plates

What is the diferrence between background colors of number plates. Also how many number plates do you have to have visable. Are you required to cover up your headlights. I have seen some 400EX 's with a hood scoop where did they get their plastic. I know where they got their hood scoop. Are there any tricker things to do with your labels. Thanks
    Any body race at Rolling Hills Cycle Park in Reidsville NC.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

I dont race but I think 3 numbers must show, lights need to be covered or removed, and the plastic might be cut to fit a 250r hood.

I'm guessing your racing mx right? well in mx you need FOUR number plates visible and the headlights covered. In my class i need white back rounds. You need a plate on the front of the quad, both rear fenders, and one hanging from the grab bar.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Off the top of my head here are the ones that we required (but not enforced) in the New England MX series.

Blue background is for Pros
    White background is for Experts
    Yellow background is for Ametuer
    Black background is for Novice

I believe this is the same as the GNC series. I know that Pros in the GNC use blue, but not sure on the other classes.
    Walsh 250R

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    here we need 2 plates my friend raced wit just his rear fenders having number. they give u 3 races to cover u head lights or take them off.
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

number plates

most racing requires you to get side numbers and one for the rear...

also, it is against AMA rules to run headlights...

the hood scoops you see are for 250r's and people just cut them and put them on...

i make and sell number plates.. let me know if you need them.. .custom made to order...

email for details

racing@socalquadracing.com

So mudspot you one of the socal guys huh,,,with Kory and Arron??

If you want to know the complete lists of rules governing ATV racing goto www.atvaonline.com to get all the rules needed for competition. This is the holy land for the rules on ATVs no other rules will comply.
    DIRT is a fun four letter word.

I am retired from ATV Racing!!!!

Well as far as GNCC goes, the bg colors represent wether your a pro, A rider, B rider, or C rider. Pro is Red, A is white, B is yellow, C is black. Anyways, In GNCC you dont have to remove your headlights unless your in the Pro Class (Im pretty sure thats right.)

You only have to have two numbers plates. One on you front bumber and the other in the back. Anywhere else is your choice. If you race AMA you plates have to be black or white. Or if your pro it has to be blue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast