Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carb. problems

carb. problems

Just brought home the 525xc. It has a small bog when you first hit the gas. If you push the throttle nice and slow it comes on fine. But when you give it full throttle from an idle it bogs. Also it wants to backfire when you let of the gas at high rpm's. For this I raised the clip 1 notch and it seems better but I only have one notch left. When it backfires when you let off the gas I think this is from to much gas and it burns off real quick. Is this correct. My elevation is 3900 ft. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

the pop on deceleration means it is LEAN ...to adjust use the screw at the bottom of the carb and unscrew it 1/4 turn at a time untill it does not pops any more

the needles have NOTHING to do with the pops

maybe a biggeg pilot jet can solve the pops but i dont think so!!!

the bog can normaly be solve with jetting (SEE yfz forum ,they use the same fcr carbs)

or it can be solve using a boysen quick shoot carb kit!!

a bigger pilot will help. my 450R had that problem too.
    Thank you to my sponsors:
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

Ditto...

The FCR carbs have that problem at the bottom. They have a pump that squirts a shot of fuel (accel pump thingy) the fix is the Boysen thingy... LOL I forget the name...
    Messina Race Prep
    (510) 697-8815
    messinaraceprep@hughes.net

Teixeira Racing, Just-A Fab, MRP, KENDA Tires, RPM, Bullet Proof Designs, PC Carbon, Fasst Co., REM Performance

i put an 07 crf FCR on my 04 450r but didn't get the Boyeseen quickshot. i fixed the problem with the pilot jet. plus, they (Honda) fixed that problem with the new FCR carbs.
    75 Designs, Rath Racing, FLY Racing, Fourwerx, Hinson, CP Pistons, Hoosier Tire, Atlas Brace, X Brand Goggles, Pivot Works, Motorex, H&H ATV, RynoPower, PRP

Which way did you go with your pilot jet? The adjusting screw on the bottom doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

my setup with a pipe is 182 main, 50 pilot, 1 1/4 turns out on the screw, needle in the middle.

Go to KTM talk.com to get the fix for the ktm carbs. stay away from the quickshots. the general attitude of ktm owners is they don't work on these carbs. A honda AC pump diaphram and an oring on the linkage fix most of it. I put the HT racing vane in my 04 and fixed it. Lots of stuff to do to these, boysen is not one.

Larry you are right abotu that I forgot abotu that fix.
    Messina Race Prep
    (510) 697-8815
    messinaraceprep@hughes.net

Teixeira Racing, Just-A Fab, MRP, KENDA Tires, RPM, Bullet Proof Designs, PC Carbon, Fasst Co., REM Performance

my 525 outlaw was doing the same thing. i haven't changed pilot jet yet, but i raised the clip on the needle one position and it got rid of that off idle bog.
    07 outlaw 525 BOD 03/22/07
    POWERMADD ORANGE HANDGUARDS, K&N FILTER, EHS RACING LID, JD JET KIT, HMF SLIP ON, 13 TOOTH FRONT SPROCKET

2006 22 FOOT HOBBI TOY HAULER.. BRIGHT RED

2002 SCRAMBLER
    FMF FULL EXHAUST, REWORKED CLUTCH. 22 INCH HAULERS. WIFE'S RIDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast