Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No-link setup

No-link setup

Did they add the nolink setup because it is the best for XC? Or is it just to save weight?

Will the Mx or SX version have it as well

I'm sure there are many reasons.

No-link is better for XC. No linkage to slam into the ground.
    They are using quality Ohlins shocks so no need to use linkage to compensate for cheap shocks. It is also a tad lighter.

But, my money is on the simple "no suspension parts to slam into rocks" setup.

Of course their dirtbikes xc and motocross alike are no-link.

On the front however, I still havent figured out why they went with such a wide geometry at the frame instead of going with a narrow geometry front end. It is nearly as wide as the old LT-250R front mounts. It's gotta have a lot of bump-steer. (pure speculation of course)
    Brandon -O||||O-
    1998 Honda TRX300EX (330)

With the PDS rear shock there is no need for linkage
    SFC RET
    06 Outlaw
    07 540 Outlaw
    00 DS730

Look at ktm dirbikes they are all no-link. Thats just how they do it. I hear from ktm dirbike riders that say they can get a better feel for the track. i dono wtf that meens

all ktm bikes are no link and i dont see them doin a linkage on their quad anytime soon. I remeber back to the 250r days, a narrow frame, no link bike was hott stuff and proboly some of te best equipment availible.

bump steer is not an issue with the ktm front end, in fact based on feed back from a pro gncc rider riding my ktm it is the best thus far out of the box

Im really excited for adam to get his bike and have it at baldwin's along with tim farr's! ha i have great hopes for this quad. The only thing holding it back maybe the lack of efi? I know 2 other bikes dont have it but it is the wave of the future.

NEXT TO MY GAS GAS THAT I RACED FOR THREE YEARS FOR THEM. THIS 525 IS TITS. THERE IS BASICALLY NO BUMP STEER AND THE STARTING ISSUE / UNLIKE MY HONDAS IS NOT AN ISSUE U AS MUCH AS BREATH ON THE BUTTON AND ITS RUNNING

The few that are left in the Lon Gisland Woods
    ktm did no link shock because thats what theve done on there dirt bikes and theve got it perfectly why change it

Ohlins

The back shock uses two pistons so it works like it has a linkage, one piston handles the beginning of the stroke so it's plush until it is bypassed by a hard hit or the travel progresses to the where it engages the other piston (or circuit if you will) and resists bottoming, so it probably actually rides a little better than a linkage suspension. This setup is by no means a weakness, unless you like adding weight to your bike with a linkage. This is my meager understanding of it anyway.
    04' 450R w/ stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast