Thread: is this crank case fixable?

is this crank case fixable?

Alright i have both crank cases for a blaster that I bought and now parting out, only problem with the crank cases is ones side a piece chipped out

im no expert but ive talk to a few people and it looks fixable if someone was to grind it smooth and weld a piece back in...the reason i say that is because as you can see in the second picture there are other u shaped cutouts. so if i grind it down and weld a piece back in there then grind/cut the same size u shape again it should be good to use right?

also,

if it is fixable, how much would all of the crank case pieces sell for together as is....and how much would they be if i fixed it.

i would say it is fixable like you said i would grind it smooth then weld a peice in then being there is no oil in there it is the stator side i would get is as smooth as possible so the gasket surface is smooth and i think you will be fine. that is not really a real gasket it is like a rubber gasket and it will bend a little just make sure you get it as close as possible

any idea on what kind of price I can get for these cases

i would make a guess at 100-150 maybe a little more go on ebay and see what they are going for