Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starter help

Right on, thanks. I wasn't thinking about ebay. But it looks like the best place to get one. I guess I should get an e-start while I'm at. I'm pretty sure these symptoms are a bad starter since the relay is good. Thanks again!

If the engine loses compression, you will not hear any drag on the starter. On a two-stroke engine, the first sign of low compression is not wanting to idle. If you keep running, it eventually dies and won't start. This just happened to our lt80 a few months ago.

You may want to listen to LT80 before buying other parts and check to see if the piston is moving up and down in the cylinder.

Yeah, that makes sense. My Lt80 ran and idled great then just would not start. You press the start button and the relay makes that buzzing sound. How the do you check the compression w/o a way to turn the engine over?

Well her kfx80 still runs like a champ it seams that someone over looked the battery.lol put a charger on it and started right up took it off and same thing as b4

""whew""
    LOL
    2000 GNC 5N\
    2001 GNC 9N \ 40+ class
    2004 GNC 9N /
    2014 rock crusher "GO tortoise GO!"
    2016 Byrd Rooster
    Father of the "11" time National champion,and worlds fastest woman ATV racer
    A few fast LT80's
    250R~300cc's
    300ex
    350 Rancher
    Kymco Mongoose
    Survivor of the 12 Hours of ATV America 04 and 05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12