Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its almost here!!-WORCS Round 8-Monticello

Its almost here!!-WORCS Round 8-Monticello

I cant believe its time again so soon! (neither can my checkbook )

So whos gonna flp a coin and see if its rain or shine?
    any takers?

so far we have had mud,sand,heat, rain,logs,woods,mx,elevation changes..... whats in store for us for this round?
    This season has brought a wide varety of track changes and has been very excitiing!!

So how did everyone like the course last year ,aside of the mudfest that is....
    Is there a place to fill your water barrels there ?what are the pit areas like and tell us a little about the course??

We will be pulling in late Thurs night so we will see you all at the Friday practice.
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Monticello is a BLAST....when it's at least somewhat dry.

When it rains, which it's almost a guarantee it will, it's agrivating. It's pure clay, so it gets slick as snot, and sticks to your bike REALLY bad, very few DIDN'T have broken fenders after last years mudfest. It also sticks to your shoes in layers...within a few steps, you'll be good five inches taller, lol. Theres enough holes that you could see deep standing water in some spots on the track...... it could ruin your weekend REAL quick.... just ask Gingles about his mud FILLED motor(literally).

The MX is GREAT. It's good for spectating, and it's great to ride on. If it has just the right amount of water, it turns into perfect blue groove, that seems to stay smooth, instead of getting chunked up. Theres a pretty big step-up a few jumps before the finish line....it would be a awesome spot for pictures....the profile view of somebody doing the jump is amazing. There's also a couple other jumps that are pretty interesting......a ski jump that allows you to go as far as you have the guts to.... a step down that can easily put you on your head 30 foot down(i've only seen a couple Pros do it) They actually put us through a tunnel under that jump in 2005...another good picture spot if they do it again.

The offroad is a blast also. Ranges from rocky(sharp rocks) twisty uphills, to narrow trails in the trees, to wide open fields with pretty decent leaps.

There is water available for filling barrels, but it can be VERY hard to get to if it rains, or if somebody lets the water run......you'll end up in a mud/water pit just trying to get water.

As for the pit areas.......it's all sloped, only two tiers, but it gradually slopes to the south....so, try to get a spot as far north as possible(Hot pits will most likely be at the farthest point north) because if it rains, ALL that water will be in your pit if your anywhere close to the bottom.

I think that sums a lot of it up, lol.

There is a MINOR chance I won't be able to make it, but I doubt that will be the case.....So, hopefully, I'll see you there.
    Chance Mayfield #171
    Team Money$hot
    Team ILBT2
    2001 Cannondale FX470
    2002 Cannondale Blaze 450
    WORCS Open A/Pro-Am

2009 Sponsors:
    S&S Motorsports, Blackwidow ATV, HiPer Technology, Amsoil, Fasst Company, ODI Grips, Powermadd, ASV Inventions, Regina USA, Four Racing, SixSixOne, ScottUSA, Gaerne Boots, Skorbordz, ProClean1000, RB Components, GoPro

Thanks for all the great info!
    I wish I could get to the track earlier on Thurs to get a decent spot. I hate when we get too far out , but this trip Troy will be with me BOTH ways for a change, so we leave after he gets off work.
    Hopefully we get a decent place to set up on Fri. cause we will roll into town too late to set up the pit the night before.

I had freinds that raced it last year and I do remember Mikes experience. I hope we dont break any fenders ..We have had enough things to replace this season!!!
    So ya think I better buy some rubber boots for everyone-JUST IN CASE?? LOL

cross your fingers it stays like this!Thats not too bad!
    Fri
    Sep 7 Partly Cloudy
    73°/49° 10%
    73°F

Sat
    Sep 8 Scattered T-Storms
    71°/49° 40%
    71°F

Don't Forget Your Sunblock
    Sun
    Sep 9 Mostly Sunny
    76°/50° 10%
    76°F

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

water tank

Do not get water at the track water tank. It was an oil storage tank before they started using it for water. It will put an oily layer on everything it touches in your trailer, (tank, lines, faucet, etc.) Try to find a place in town before you get to the track. Have a safe trip!

Re: water tank

Originally posted by d kelley
    Do not get water at the track water tank. It was an oil storage tank before they started using it for water. It will put an oily layer on everything it touches in your trailer, (tank, lines, faucet, etc.) Try to find a place in town before you get to the track. Have a safe trip!
    Thanks for that info
    any Ideas where to go close by??
    Ill be strolling in late and Im not sure how far our rooms are from the track or from town.
    Kelsey tweeked her knee and may have torn her MCL so I hope shes re-cooped before next wk end .

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

how far from track

The town is about ten minutes from the track. There is a Taco Time in town that has a hose and a small air compressor around the back. I think the motels (maybe the Days Inn?) had a hose in the back parking lot also.

Thumbs up

cool-thanks!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Thanks for the info CannondaleRider and d kelley!

I too will be camping out there in a toyhauler... I hope we will be prepared for the worst. I too heard last year was a real bummer for most racers. I hope this year is different... This will be my first Utah race... Hopefully I will bring the "Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix) sunshine with me! (But leave the heat behind, of course... )
    Special Thanks to C&D Racing

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
    Thanks for the info CannondaleRider and d kelley!

I hope we will be prepared for the worst. I too heard last year was a real bummer for most racers. I hope this year is different... This will be my first Utah race... Hopefully I will bring the "Valley of the Sun" (Phoenix) sunshine with me! (But leave the heat behind, of course... )
    Its lookin pretty good!

Weather appears to be in the upper 70's and one day in the 80's!

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Camera got soaked

Last year was crazy in UT. The weather sucked, there was actually snow in the distant mountains. The course was great, except for the crazy mud. The parking was aweful. There were so many people getting stuck and having to get pulled out. The mud is very sticky there so be prepared for mud even if it doesn't rain. This course has it all, rocks, long wide open fields, a few trees to navigate, ponds that you have to avoid, washes that you go in and out off, a great MX section with some decent jumps.

Let just hope it doesn't wind up like this again !

This was part of the Pro Section last year and a great place for spectators.

See you all there...!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast