Thread: Hmf pipe for 2007 400ex?

Question Hmf pipe for 2007 400ex?

uhh yeah im wondering if i should buy a HMF sport slip-on for my 400ex??? also, do i need to have the quad jetted or can i just change the fuel to air ratio or watever?? uhh please help!!
    -07 yz250f

The screw to control the air/fuel ration is just for minor adjustments. Your going to be flowing a lot more air so jetting will be required

k wat kind of jet would you reccomend? dynojet?
    -07 yz250f

I'm in the process of doing all that now, I ordered a LOT of aftermarket stuff recently and it all kinda came at once. I ordered the Keihin jets because the 400 uses them stock, so it should be a good benchmark as far as knowing how many sizes Ive gone, or need to go, up or down. Same with the Pilots. It depends on elevation, temperature, all that stuff. At a 1000 feet in New Hampshire, where I'll be riding, Im gonna try a 155-160 main jet (keihin) and a 40 or 42 pilot (also Keihin). Then when I get really closes, fiddle with the needle and screw

Originally posted by hungus07trx400
    I'm in the process of doing all that now, I ordered a LOT of aftermarket stuff recently and it all kinda came at once. I ordered the Keihin jets because the 400 uses them stock, so it should be a good benchmark as far as knowing how many sizes Ive gone, or need to go, up or down. Same with the Pilots. It depends on elevation, temperature, all that stuff. At a 1000 feet in New Hampshire, where I'll be riding, Im gonna try a 155-160 main jet (keihin) and a 40 or 42 pilot (also Keihin). Then when I get really closes, fiddle with the needle and screw
    Good advice. Stick with the Keihin jets. www.jetsrus.com is your friend.
    2005 400EX

Full HMF Sport Series Exhaust w/HMF Carbon Fiber Heat Shield | UNI Air Filter | EHS Racing Air Box Lid | Rattle Can Snorkel Plug | 40K Pilot Jet | 172K Main Jet | Needle Clip 4th Position | Pro Armor Swingarm Skid Plate | Pro Armor Full Frame and A-Arm Armor | Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper | Pro Armor Fat Peg Nerfs | Pro Taper Countour Bars (ATV Mid Bend) | Mod Quad 1-1/8" Raised Handlebar Clamp | ASV C5 Pro Clutch Perch | ASV C5 Brake Lever | Oury Grips | Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards | Nac's Case Saver | Tusk Parking Brake Block Off

Are you in the market for a new Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle? As a Ford Motor Company employee I may be able to save you some money with an X-Plan. PM me if you're interested.

jetsrus is nice except for everything is individual. So what if you change something or the jet you get inst just right, then you have to order another to try it. I stick with DynoJet

well i was gonna buy the slip-on from the site [ hmfengineering.com] and wen u click add to cart it shows recommended products and they make jets.... soo you think i should but one of em?? its like 60 dollars i think?? that might be easier?
    -07 yz250f

The jets from HMF are close but you will probably need a bigger main. I am running a 42 pilot and a 158 main. I'm near reading Pa,
    Where the heck is monongahela?
    2001 Yamaha Banshee
    10' Honda Fury
    Only the dead know the end of war.

Originally posted by Eviltanker
    The jets from HMF are close but you will probably need a bigger main. I am running a 42 pilot and a 158 main. I'm near reading Pa,
    Where the heck is monongahela?
    south of pittsburgh just a little on the monongahela river go to google and look at a map
    -07 yz250f