I know this subject has been beat to death, but here are a few pictures from my installation.

Please note this is for the '04-'05 carb....

I made an adapter to solve (2) issues with the installation. It solves the size issue of the airbox snorkel and the length issue. Running this I did NOT have to move my airbox and I did NOT have to heat the snorkel to fit.

Please note: I had to remove the "ridges" cast into the airbox side of the carb. This is a very tedious job. I used a sanding drum attached to my dremel tool. Then I applied a very thin layer of black RTV gasket maker onto the adapter and the carb and used an bench vise to press the two pieces together. This ensures the parts stay together and don't leak!

Lastly I used that same sanding drum on my dremel to remove some of the ridges in the intake side boot. I was careful and left some of the original shape. The carb still used what is left of these molded ridges to seal upon.

I can make you one of these adapters, PM me for the details

This is what the whole system looks like from above. You can see that the airbox is still in the original mounting hole.

This is what the carb looks like from the airbox side. The adapter is "invisible" to the carb and the incoming air stream

I also moved the top vent from the top to the side for tank clearance. The stock vent can be tapped for a 12-24UN thread as cast and then a button head screw thread locked into the vent to seal it off. I do not have the screw installed in this picture.

Once that top hole is plugged, simply drill the side hole through the cast material and it will break into the same area of the casting as the top vent previously did!!

This is a picture with the screw to plug the top vent in place. My local hardware store only had the 12-24UN in a brass version. Be careful, a 12-24UN is tough to find.

This is how I sealed off the hot start. I simply used some black RTV gasket maker and filled the cable adapter until it oozed out the back. Then I re-installed the hot start plunger and the spring to seal everything off.