Thread: Question

Question

Hey guys i was wonderin what bike would be better to put alot of money into to race a blaster or a 300ex?

alright, ive ridden both, and a 300ex is better to put a bunch of money into and race. the good points of a 300 are awsome tourqe, and low end power, better suspension componets avalable for better handling, more room to lean in corners. wit ha blaster, youve got more top end speed, and there alittle cheaper. there lgihter, but not by much, i coudlent notice a diffrence.
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

Why is it that on the blaster forum people that own blasters and race them say that they think a 300ex is a better machine? If you think it is a better bike, then why don't you have a 300ex instead? I don't have either bike yet, but I want a Blaster and I am curious to know.

because some of us blaster owners are not biased and know and admit when a quad is better than ours. if i could start over again i would get a 300ex and put all the money and time that i put into my blaster into a 300ex.
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar