Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRR transmission

DRR transmission

I keep reading that the DRR and others including the Apex have the same transmission. If that is true why don't I hear of more transmissions breaking, gears etc...

What is available to strengthen the transmission?

This is my education for the day.

Thanks

Nevermind I found the info I was looking 4
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=301940
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

DRR is working on somethings that have not been listed in the link you posted.

After they are tested I will post results
    G-Force Powersports

OEM & Aftermarket Parts
    DRR/Apex Authorized Dealer

Shop Online 24 Hrs a Day!!
    www.g-forcepowersports.com

TEAM G-FORCE---Join Today!!
    www.gforceriders.com

gforceatvs@gmail.com

2011 Team Product
    Mach 1 R/T Exhausts

We carry a kit with every thing need to stop breakage. Comes with Press in bushing, case saver and sprocket. Cant count how many we have repaired with super results.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

You can use an INA NK25-20 needle bearing to replace stock along with a tranny saver. This will eliminate the friction of a bushing but still not bullet proof nothing is. whatever you use change gears every 4 motos thats what I am going to do. 2 of us broke gears running 1-2 last weekend using both combinations of needle bearings and bushings.
    #997 Wade 90cc lim prod cvt
    #428 Dan 70cc limited prod cvt

YUP, had the best run ever going too!!!
    #17 2013 NEATV Prod C, 4strk C, Open C

thank you to:
    DRT Motorsports, Team Southside Polaris, Rath Racing, MSR, Nac's racing, Gaerne Boots, Lou Russo Photography, Crystyle Concepts, 537 Productions, Juniors Jerky, ASAP Plumbing, Griffin Motorsports, Adirondack Designs,

We installed ecmini s bushing and have had no problems. One bike we run against just broke a second set two weeks ago running the new bearing. We have over ten motos, practice time and dune trips on this bike since we installed the bushing with no issues. Maybe Shayden doesnt push as hard but with his record I would have to wonder. Now watch I probably jinxed him. Go with the bushing mod.

Shayden Housley #39

Originally posted by jetmedic
    You can use an INA NK25-20 needle bearing to replace stock along with a tranny saver. This will eliminate the friction of a bushing but still not bullet proof nothing is.

We have ran into the same thing and have that needle bearing as well.
    We have everything fresh and new and was very close to losing another tranny this past race that only had two races on it. (done a tear down and found this out a couple days ago)

Also,the shaft and the bearing pushes into the tranny cover bending the washer on the inside.
    Has anyone ever come up with a solution to this problem?
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Originally posted by sldhd700
    We installed ecmini s bushing and have had no problems. One bike we run against just broke a second set two weeks ago running the new bearing. We have over ten motos, practice time and dune trips on this bike since we installed the bushing with no issues. Maybe Shayden doesnt push as hard but with his record I would have to wonder. Now watch I probably jinxed him. Go with the bushing mod.

Shayden Housley #39

Glad to hear you all are doing well.
    Special thanks to 11-12 Sponsors

East Coast Performance

We just broke our first set of gears in the drr after 5 months while practicing MX. We usually race Harescrambles. We will be testing the new forged gears. They will be in today. I will give you a full report.
    I know it has been said over and over again, but if the kids would stay off the gas while in the air, they would never break.
    Humboldt Hills Racing Team;
    634 - Trenner Wile
    101 - Aubrey Wile
    925 - Tristan Garrett
    00 - Kamren Bobb
    21 - Wyatt Wilkin

www.humboldthills.com
    www.soccracing.com
    www.southernohioscoring.com
    www.southerohiooffroad.com

Originally posted by humboldt hills
    I know it has been said over and over again, but if the kids would stay off the gas while in the air, they would never break.
    There is alot of truth to that, but thats not sole cause for it to go.
    Ive seen them go regardless .
    All the mods to the tranny help, but even with all the mods to the tranny,nothing seems to fully remedy the problem either for some .
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast