Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Round 8 - Rockhouse

Mike and I (Crystal) just wanted to wish Jason and anyone else who was injured in Sunday's race a speedy recovery and our prayers go out to each of you.

p.s. I also heard that it took the ambulance a long time to get there to attend to the injured riders. I can only say from recent experience that if there had not been an ambulance and EMT workers on site during Mike's accident...well I hate to imagine what might have happened to him. When we first started racing this series there was an ambulance at each race and I don't know why there is not one anymore. I would be willing to pay extra to get in the gate to secure an ambulance at every race.

Originally posted by atvwdsrcer
    As we all know the dust was horrible. You must remember when we are putting ourselves in these circumstances that your own safety and the safety of all the fellow riders is at risk. If you cant see dont push it, there will be better conditions to prove yourself.
    Well said Mike!
    “ If I never ever get to practice nursing again, not for one second, I can say that all it was all worth those few minutes that God gave me to care for Daniel. I can never thank him enough!” May he rest in the arms of God!

I too want to say to those who got hurt, I wish you a speedy recovery and to know that we pray for you.
    I was, for the short time that I have been doing this, the most dusty race I have been in. I could'nt even see where I was going at the start. I knew then that I was going to be extra careful so that I would be able to complete the race. Though there were the one (s) out there that were trying to make it even worse by placing very large rocks on the track for no other purpose than to get someone hurt, you know who you are. I far as I'm concerned you care not for the riders of this sport and you are not worthy of being in there presence.
    Look forward to seeing everyone again at the next race. Ride well, careful, have fun, and go home the same way you came!
    Bonnie, Buren, and staff, THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!
    God is always with me.

Big Congrats to all the winners and finishers! And can't blame anyone for opting out of this one!
    God is always with me.

Dust bowl 2007

What a day of dust and i did not even race.My hat goes off to you guys and gals. Maloney you go boy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired until further notice

The guy that wrecked on the motocross was Ron Shoemake. The info we got was that his pelvis is broken in two places and has swelling around his spine that is prohibiting some movement in his legs. He had to be moved from Shelby to Charlotte because of the type of injuries. He is not supposed to be out of bed for a while and then will have to go through rehab to be able to walk. It was only his second race.
    GNCC/Mideast #146
    450R
    400EX

hope ron recovers well and soon.. he allmost made it through that wreck, but it looked like he grabbed the quad when it was leaving him and it took him with it. from my view anyway... it was nasty !!!

jimmy i'm riding tomorrow evening if ya want to go..

Hey Jeff! Congrates on the second over all. We knew you always had it in you. NOW IS YOUR TIME. I hope to make it to the rest of the other races to cheer you on. Would really like to be running them with you but just ain't got it in me any more. It would maybe be different if I could get some regular riding time in but it's getting harder and harder to get Jimmy and Scott together at the same time and to I ain't gonna lie at my age it's just getting harder and harder to get any motivation for it any more. You know me and Jimmy went at it for a long time. Really got burned out on the travelin time. But anyway THIS IS YOUR SEASON! Keep doin what you are doin and CLAIM YOUR TITLE. YOU EARNED IT!

i'll start a race report tonight if bonnie hasn't started one yet. i know some of yall are going to new york thursday or friday, so i'll get one up before yall go..

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314