I recently picked up a 1988 LT80 for my daughter this week. It had been sitting for several years and I just got it running tonight. I have been reading the posts on the forum and have a few questions.

1. Oil Injection
I am curious about the oil injection. The quad smokes sometimes, but it is not consistent. I briefly removed the output line of the injector pump while it was running and it was not "squirting out" like I expected. How much oil should come out of the injector pump under normal conditions. The lines are clear and I have cleaned the carb thouroughly. Air can flow freely through the output tube through the injector orifice inside the carb.

2. Idle
The quad does not idle well at low RPMs . I did a compression test and it has 100 psi. I have disassembled the carb and cleaned it thouroughly. I do not have a manual yet, but there is one adjustment screw on the carb that appears to be for idle speed. If I decrease the idle speed until the quad stops "pulling" then it dies after 10 seconds or so.

3. Lubrication
Is there somewhere to check the lube level in the engine / transmission. If so, what type does it use? This is my first 2 stroke so please excuse my ignorance. The only place I saw to lube the quad was a grease fitting on the rear of the axle housing. I am going to get a manual, but my daughter is really "chomping at the bit" to ride. I just don't want to damage it because of the basics.

Thanks in advance for your help...