INDIANA CROSS COUNTRY SERIES
ROUND 7/8 DOUBLE POINTS RACE
AUGUST 19TH, 2007
LAWRENCE COUNTY OFF ROAD PARK

Well boys and girls we were back at it again this weekend for a “Double Points” race. And with a lot of tight points battles that would make this a hard fought race for sure! The big man up stairs once again did his job and blessed with almost perfect conditions for a race. The IXCR Staff started working on this course Friday afternoon and worked all day Saturday to lay out an 8.8 mile course! It has a great combination of tight technical trails along with some wide open sections where you could really open it up! With great camping accommodations several of the racers gathered Saturday night for some good old fashioned bench racing and a good time all around! For the bike race the flag flew right on time and they were off to battle it on the course. I have to give a big shout out to my boy Austin Witt for taking the overall win for the bikes. I met Austin Saturday and he is a great guy and really had a fan club with him! Congrats Biker250! Also to my little guy Derrik Allen, he won the Junior Bike 85CC class and finished 5th over! Bruce Stapleton from Hagerstown, In. won the Senior bike class, and Mike Doney won the Big bike class. Jason Hickle was the runner up in the Small Bike class behind Witt.

For the quads we had a great turn out and we were ready to rock’n roll at 1:00! We had a few familiar faces from races earlier this year and a few new ones also. Donald Ockerman made the trip to Lawrence County this year to do battle with one of his fellow Pro Am GNCC competitor’s Ryan Lane. And let me tell you these guys were fighting for the “W” Ryan came around me on my third lap and he was moving and no sooner than I got out of the way for him here comes Ockerman. At some point Ockerman got him and took the pro class win along with the overall with Lane coming in right behind him. Nate Beyers came in at third who was in a very close point’s battle with Todd Demaree who took 4th and was not feeling well at all. Hope you get to feeling better Todd! In the A class Phillip Mitchko took the win. In the Vet class there was a serious brother Vs brother battle as Bruce and Brent put on a show. Brent had the upper hand on this day and was able to beat out Bruce. Jonathan Fugate continued his winning ways by taking the B Class win today with Jesse Lowe coming in Second. Jamie McCart came up for the race from Sevierville, TN. And took the win in the 26+ Class. I race with Jamie in the GNCC’s and it was nice to see him there. In the 26+C Class Sandy Ruth wrapped up his championship with a solid second place finish. I found the same tree twice on this day and pulled out a fifth place and earned a couple of bent tie rods! Zach Humphrey finished out front in the 16-25 C Class with Chris Bradshaw less than a minute behind him. Rick Whistler had his first race since getting married and was able to get a third place finish. Congrats on the wedding and the finish Rick! Justin Kirchhoff was the man to beat in the First Year racer class and Jonathan Benham just couldn’t quite catch him but took second for the day.

That’s about it folks, lots of fun was had by all and we hope you join us for our final race of the year in October. Our series is really growing and we hope you’ll be a part of it with us. We had the new scanning system for this race and it was really help move people thru the finish line and check point stations. If anyone has any questions or comments or suggestions please let me know as we want to make this a series where anyone and everyone can come and have a good time.
Until next time race fans continue to check out the web site and do some bench racing on the forums at www.ixcr.com.

Garon Davis
IXCR Racer Representative /Field Reporter