Thread: Glass bead or sand blast

Glass bead or sand blast

i was looking on ebay and i seen a blaster jug and head for sale and the guy glass beaded them it looked awesome if i were to do this would it hurt anything. i am redoing the top end in a couple weeks and was going to do it then. i know that glass bead is better but i dont have access to a one. once school starts we have a blast cabinet. what will i have to do to protect the sleeve?and ports? anything else?

Re: Glass bead or sand blast

Originally posted by honda450rider33
    i was looking on ebay and i seen a blaster jug and head for sale and the guy glass beaded them it looked awesome if i were to do this would it hurt anything. i am redoing the top end in a couple weeks and was going to do it then. i know that glass bead is better but i dont have access to a one. once school starts we have a blast cabinet. what will i have to do to protect the sleeve?and ports? anything else?

It would look good and help cooling alot.

Get a BIG piece of sheet metal from your school or anything that you have at home and make a block off for the intake port and punch 4 holes thru then attatch it to the barrel, same with the exhaust port and make a piece the same shape as a head gasket but with no middle then you can just put all 3 on with the standard bolts. youd have to be creative for the bottom.

that is funny i was thinking the EXACT same thing i dont know what to do for the bottom i will definitaly have to be creative

should i have it glass beaded or sand blasted, what about media blast? they can all run in the same machine right?

If you wait untill your jug needs a re-bore you can sandblast everything ports, intake, exhaust port, and all. It smooths them out a lil while cleaning out all the crude...PB

Also you can do the ENTIRE motor and just seal off the exhaust and intake.

Before you sand blast them you can also use a heavy tape & tape it all off exspecially the skirt of the sleeve. If your doing the top end keep the head bolted on and then all you have to do is tape of the reed cage port and the bottom of the sleeve. My neibor has a sand blast boot with glass bead so if you want give me a call and I can do it for you
    PM me for my # Mike
    2002 hybrid cannondale speed- slightly moddified
    2006 White YFZ450-LRD Pro4r w/ custom inserts, DynoJet jet kit, Protaper/pro grip, Tusk fuel screw, DWT beadlock wheels, IRazr tires, RPM axle