Thread: What am I forgeting

What am I forgeting

What can I do to make it faster with out going into the motor. It is a 04 z400 with stage 2 hotcams procom 9 program CDI 13 tooth sprocket k&n filter with no lid Full FMF exhaust power bomb head pipe and the titanium 4 back. What elese is left to be done.

I think your done without any motor mods. Next thing is a DRZ base gasket to get some of that low end you lost with the stage 2 cams.

We have about the same setup minus the CDI.
    z

your about done i think to other then a polished head, next would be a high comp piston 12 1/2:1, 440kit, strocker kit but your bike will more then likely become unreliable with the motor kits (just my opinion) i had everything professionally build and still had problems, i know some people will read this and take offense but thats what happened to me and im just saying that if the bike was supposed to be a 440 it would come that way. hope that helps man

Adding the DRZ gasket bumps the compression up to 12.5:1.

Sorry you had issues but I think your in the minority with the problems you had. What was your biggest gripe?
    z

thanks for your concern man, i just had problem after problem. bike ran strong, hung and beat 450s all day long. after i got the 440 kit (weisco sleve 12.5:1 and weisco head and base gaskets) just started to have problems, blown head gasket, something timebombed in the clutch side, not saying that the 440 kit did all that but it was alot happyer without it.

-blown head gasket
    -oil pump gear stripped out
    -clutch basket ripped off teeth
    -bent valve

had to replace most of the right side