Thread: need to ride. LONG POST.

need to ride. LONG POST.

well i just moved from HAWAII to WASHINGTON (3 mounths ago)and have not got a full ride in.(i need to ride).my first attempt the bike was hard to staurt, it would only staurt with the choke on and wouldnt idle very long.then once i staurted to ride for a few min. it staurted to bog and backfire a few times then die.i thought it was dirt in the jet or carb.i took it in to kawi dealer they checked it and said the batery was almost dead, and charged it.65$ so i went to ride the day i picked it up and same thing happend.so i bought a new batery.75$ and staurted fine then died after 3min. of idleing and every time i pushed the throttle(not even1/4 way in) it would die, then wouldnt staurt.im tired of taking it in it idles fine at the dealer, then i get home and try to let it idle for a while and ride at its staurts acting up.SORRY FOR THE LONG POST BUT NEED TO VENT IT OUT.THANKS
    07ltr450 now live in lacey WA

Oh ya its always had a hard time staurting since i bought it new from the dealer, and would just die when riding every once in awile.this bike and has about 5-6 hours on it and almost ready to sell the thing for cheap.its fraustrating to have a hardly used bike that is giving me so much trouble.i hardly ride it cause every time i do it runs like crap.its a 06 by the way thanks.

I believe in one of your previous post you stated the problems you were having and one of the replies you got was about the major elevation change from Hawaii to Washington. Did you ever rejet the bike yet? This sounds to me to be your culprit. You may also want to check your valve clearances.
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

i didnt rejet yet i dont know anything about jetting but the guy at the kawi dealer said they dont rejet bikes at the dealers (hawaii)and said it is stock jetting set from factory.i dont know if this is true but thats what he said.he said he doesnt think it has anything to do with the jetting.but who knows i trust the people on this site more than i trust the dealers ive been to.does what he said sound right?thanks i might trade it in for 3800 and buy an 07 ltr450 (brand new)for 6300 at a local dealer, their selling 07 for the price of the 06 liqudation price.