Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: <96 decibal exhaust???

<96 decibal exhaust???

i just got my 3rd sound violiation yesterday..

and im sick of em..

so tell me guys what slip ons will keep me below the 96 db limit

THANKS!!
    2002 400ex

E2, UNI, race cut, elka triple rates

RIDE RED

my White Brothers E2 is 96 db approved with the quiet core spark arrestor installed.

pretty much most of the new exhausts now days are 96db with the quiet cores.

what kind of exhaust do you have?
    04' 400EX
    White Bros. E2
    FMF Hi Flo Headers
    DynoJet Kit
    K&N Filter
    Hot Cams Stage1
    EHS Racing Air Box Lid
    DG Fat Series Nerfs
    Pro Armor Swing Arm Skid Plate
    Pro Taper Bars
    Maxxis Razr's on Douglas Wheels
    Pro Armor Foot Peg Maxi-Mizers
    ASV C5 Pro Clutch Lever
    LSR P-Brake block off
    Modified stock carburetor
    Sparks +6 key

well, i know my hmf with a q/c isn't 96 db if it is it is the loudest 96db ive ever heard, but i normally take the q/c out wen we go to the places we ride... i love SC were all red necks. even the po-po don't care that we ride in our neighborhood. Now wen we get on the main road they care... anyways ive heard that the whitebros are pretty quiet but i love my hmf.
    --Yamaha Blaster-- (Sold)

--400ex--
    (Sold)
    Pro Armor Nerfs w/ Heel Guards
    K&N A/F
    HMF s/o
    (QUAD) Shock Covers
    Race Cut Plastics
    Jetted Perfectly
    42 Pilot
    Pro Taper Grips
    Maxxis Razr Mx Rear
    Douglas rear's

CT Racing makes a pipe that is adjustable. You can take out disks to make it quieter. Has a great throaty sound also. Great performance gains. they claim you can take out enough disks to get it down to just about stock. I haven't tried yet because i ride mainly at the track and if im not at the track nobody around here really cares as long as you are respectful. I just keep mine always in a higher gear going down the streets to get to the ditches or trails. Cops are cool about it. Wish I lived 18 miles further west (Montana) then I could just make my quad street legal.
    2003 Honda 400ex- Teixeira Tech, Elka, Maier, Wiseco, Hot Cams, Renthal, Pro Taper

For Sale...

I'm still quieter with all the disks in, than the neighbors custom chopper. and I'm supposivly at 102 db. I've never been checked or have checked.
    2003 Honda 400ex- Teixeira Tech, Elka, Maier, Wiseco, Hot Cams, Renthal, Pro Taper

For Sale...

HMF with the quiet core supposedly tones it down to 96dB and without it its about 104. Whitebros E-Series is 96dB witht he silencer and all that but it doesnt have much of a performance gain, i know because I had 1. How do they check for dB limits?

I'm originally from Minnesota and what they did back there was have a little microphone and a string connected to it. and they would rev up the engine to half throttle and take the reading. The string is to make sure they get the same distance away. then the mic has the db reading on it. I'll look for a pic online for you.

For Sale...

Hmmm I hope forestry doesnt do that in the sunshine state because all the pros and racers wont be aloud in. And for the recreational people that wanna go fast wont be able to with stock exhaust or something like that

At Gilbert OHV in North Eastern Minnesota. They do a Decibel check. It used to be you had to be under 99db. I think it's going down to 96 but don't quote me on that. But I'd rather not go back up there because i finally just got all the stained orange off my engine and my last trip up there was 3 years ago. and my riding gear is still stained even after washing it right after riding with Iron Out.

For Sale...

I hope they dont come to the sunshine state because they'd be in the $hit whole state . AKA South Carolina...
    --Yamaha Blaster-- (Sold)

--400ex--
    (Sold)
    Pro Armor Nerfs w/ Heel Guards
    K&N A/F
    HMF s/o
    (QUAD) Shock Covers
    Race Cut Plastics
    Jetted Perfectly
    42 Pilot
    Pro Taper Grips
    Maxxis Razr Mx Rear