Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: skimming...big wipe

Thumbs down skimming...big wipe

I was at Silver Lake earlier this summer, and these two guys on banshees were cutting across this puddle, maybe 60 yards long. they would hit it in 4th and sometimes 5th sit back and fly across this thing...looked easy enough...i asked them some questions, but didn't have the kahones(?) to try it in front of a few hundred riders.

2 months later we were messing around in this gravel pit... nobody around...what the heck. The first few passes were all about learning. I shoulda made a few more of those. I made a run in 3rd sat back and got about 40 yards out of 50 and the rear end walked out to the left...end result...i moving sideways at a pretty good clip towards dry land. Really i got pretty lucky small bruise on my shoulder, and a fat lip from my helmet punching me when i did the flying face plant. Quad damage=few scratches on the fenders.

I tried it again a few minutes later...same thing happened except somehow i managed to save it...Barely!

kinda funny-now.

ive done that before, it sucks

Gotta have all the tire pressures the exact same, and gotta hit it as straight as possible. I don't know how everyone can do that.
    - #48 2004 BLUE YFZ 450 -
    One Industries - AC nerfs - Ac Full Skid - AC Bumper - Pro Design Kill Switch - Shockpro shockcovers - PEP Chain relocator - Bullet Parking block off - Motion Pro Twist Throtle - Cam Mod -

Jetting 170 main - 48 pilot - stock needle 5th clip - fuel screw 2 and 3/4 turns - runs awesome

another thing, banshees have a fck of alot of wheel spin, and that is really what water skipping is all about......

I hope you guys are wearing your lifejackets!

I seen this thing on tv that showed 4x4 dune buggy's doing it. And they said the key to skipping is tire pressure and speed. They also had sand paddles, stock tires are much harder !!
    400ex
    k&n filter
    ac nerfs
    renthal grips
    14t front

Yahoo: bsr500

that was on tlc right? i think it showed them going up 90* slopes too right? like 1000 horsepower
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Yeah it was on tlc, they were hill climing. It showed some sweet crashs too
    400ex
    k&n filter
    ac nerfs
    renthal grips
    14t front

Yahoo: bsr500

Yeah with nitros,,,they's get like 300 exra ponies with a push of a button,,,I seen that show too,,some serious power goin on with them things..

Yea, I seen it too, they climb the hills and right when they get to the tip of the hill they hit the boost and jump the hill, those 4X4 are pretty sweet.
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast