Thread: very cheap handling mod!

very cheap handling mod!

With my old blaster, i did custom work with it. My dad owns a machine shop, and this is what i did:

My dad modified a banshee swingarm to fit in the blaster, its was real precise, by thousandths of an inch. This is al capable since he has special machines. He also had to make a shock mount on the swingarm for the shock to bolt in. now that thats done, it was about 2in longer than stock.

We were able to than bolt up the banshee axle to the ban. swingarm, and put the whole wheel assembly, (tire, rim hub) and bolted it on the banshee axle. (You dont even have to change tires to banshee rims, take banshee hubs off, and put the blaster hubs+tires on) This made it +4 with stock rims. (+8 with aftermarket offset)

(Hint)
    If you have a blaster 2002 or older, reverse the front rims, it makes it like +3 or +4)
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

rear view
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

side view
    Attached Images Attached Images

thats pretty cool but not everyone has a dad that can do that or anyone that they know that would do that for free. and yes when you flip the front rims around it makes it +2 but it is harder on the spindles than getting a arms. im not tryin to knock your build, thats a pretty sweet blaster!
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

i know somthing cheeper, extending the stock swinger and getting a banshee axle. and you dont need a dad with high tech machine shop.
    White 06 YFZ Full HMF

2000 Yamaha Blaster
    LRD, UNI, Carbon tech, RAZR, DG, Durablue, twin row carrier,30mm oko, reed spacer, injecter block off....

Stock 1987 250x

yeah cool bike

but when you flip your rims or buy a different type of offset, it is harder on the suspension system. and believe it or not you want to keep you offeset as close to the center of the rim. if you have it closer to the center you wont be as wide but it will actually make handle better and pull of better lap times. but i do like what you did in the back with the banshee setup.
    Trx 450R - BACK IN ACTION!!!

*2005 CRF450R*
    Pro-Action Suspension
    Pro-Circuit Ti-4 Full System
    Acerbis Hand Guards
    Hot Cam Stage 2
    Hotrods Crank
    JE 12.5:1 Piston

2000 Mustang GT
    WAY too much to list, and still too slow

Yeah, well, they've been reversed basically its whole life, and i never had a problem. Actually, when i rode my cousins, it felt more unstable than mine. With the front reversed, it matched the banshee set up perfectly. That little bike served me well, when ppl say that 2-strokes are high maintaince, they're wrong about blasters. 4-5 years, single rebuild, never broke down on me. I moved on to a 400ex for a bigger, more powerful, better handling bike.