Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can frames be straightened?

Can frames be straightened?

I bent the front of my frame. Where would i take that to get straightened? Or should I just buy a new frame? Tell me what ya think.

Its that front vertical bar. I circled it in the pic. ps. that isnt my quad pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

it all depends on how bad it is, although when i bent my frame, i left it, and it rode alot diffrent, but it was also the whole front that was bent..if it is very bad at all, a new frame would be the best bet

someone on here fixed a twisted frame...it might have been sgaexer

how did u manage to bend that? I would say just go for a new stock 400ex frame if your tight on money cuz aftermarket ones are rediculous

Originally posted by QuadMX18
    how did u manage to bend that? I would say just go for a new stock 400ex frame if your tight on money cuz aftermarket ones are rediculous
    It bent because a truck hit me.

I'm probably going to be tight on money because it also bent my shock, a-arm, nerfs, steering dampner, bumber, and possible steering stem.

If I was to try and straighten it out, any advise on how I would go about this?

I did see at Service Honda, the frame was like $400-500 bucks + S&H which isn't to bad considering it is a whole frame.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Originally posted by nakomis0
    I'm probably going to be tight on money because it also bent my shock, a-arm, nerfs, steering dampner, bumber, and possible steering stem.
    if i were u i would probably buy a new frame and get everything else used off ebay. I think that would be the cheapest and safest way to do it.

Well when ever you bend a metal and then bend it back you know that it is gonna be weaker and that will be the first thing to break/bend next tiem you flip or crash.

Call up like Atv shops that sponser people that ride pro and talk to them. My friend called up a place that sponsered a pro rider and got his frame. They just buy a 400Ex or 250R adn just take everything off the frame. Most the time they don;t even ride on the frames.

How did ya get hit by a truck?

Whose fault was it?

What was the damage to the truck?

yea thats all you didnt bend on your frame either, once your frame is bent that much the frame would be all screwed up, its called "diamonded" in other words not straight. If you look around your frame where the welds are painted look for wrinkles in the paint, you then can scrap that off with your finger nail and it should reveal new lookin metal ( not rusted color). that tells you that your frame has also been tweaked there
    Townes MXcavating

If you get a new Frame send it out and have it Gusseted and Powdercoated before you put it back together.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

I have alot of the parts u will need including a frame with subframe that is all gussetd and powdercoated, it is also strait, i will sell it togeth for 400. Also pm me if u are intrested in some other parts and ill give u a list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast