Thread: Motor is breaking up

Motor is breaking up

01 warrior. Motor is breaking up alot and backfiring when ridding. The quad is rideable but just doesnt run smooth . It sounds electrical..

No water in the gas, carb is clean, its jetted for the procircut exhaust, clean filter, good compression. stator gives good output (lights work, always runs hot or cold...)

new ign wire and spark plug boot,spark plug.... Any ideas??? thanks!!!

Mine does the same think like backfires when you let off and it runs a bit rough.. i was thinking jetting might make that happen.
    2002 Honda 440ex

Mods: 06 plastic, Noleen HVO exhaust, 440 big bore kit, Hotcams Stage 2, JE 13:1 High Preformance Piston, New valves and Springs, Freshly Rebuilt Carb, +1 A-arms, Stock axle with +4" spacers, aluminum air box, custom air box lid, Razr's on front, Kenda in back, Pro Armor Nerfs, Fly handle Bars, Oura Grips, New Black honda seat, Fresh Black Powder Coating all around, Air Scoops, K&N Filter with Sleeve, Aftermarket metal Thumb Throttle, and alot more but cant think of it.

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Mods: 27in ITP Mudlites, 1000 pound warn winch, and um.. well stock pretty much...

popping on decel is deffiently jetting. My problem is under a load mid to top is breaking up.

Mine does something similar at mid-throttle. It seems like its running too rich or lean and it's just stuttering and not making any power. I'm going to clean out my carb, hopefully that'll fix it.
    '99 Yamaha Warrior
    Supertrapp exhaust
    Jet Kit
    UNI air filter (no airbox)
    DG front bumper
    Nerf Bars
    Holeshot XC's on the front, Mudlites on the back
    And an almost finished spray can paint job

sounds like the carb needs cleaned and or your off on your main jet...
    Country Boy Can Survive

-97 F150-

400EX frame up build in the future.

wiring

sounds like the switch on the clutch side of the bars. disconnect it and the 2 coming from the cdi box area connect them together.
    it will be male and female plug