Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blaster PROS i need your help

blaster PROS i need your help

ok.. so my cluch doesnt work... it wont ingage... i dont know whats up with it... its not the cable its something in side... i pulled off the pressure plate and the little ball inside there was like stuck on the push rod... and i couldnt get it off with out breaking it.. so i get new rods and a ball.. i only put the rod on the plate in and it was really loose and sloppy... so i put them on and it still didnt work.. and its like there still's enough room for another plate to go in there... how many plates are in a blaster?
    and i think im gonna have to split the cases... and go inside and im gonna replace the whole cluch then... its the cluch.. its something with the cluch..
    how hard is it to split the cases and put them together? my buddys dads doin a 450r right now but thats a ways off from a blaster motor... any help would be greatly helped... i might end up parting the whole quad out depending on how much it cost....
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

unless you took one out it would not just disappear. i have never split the cases i know people who have and they say it is easy if you are not sure you can do it see if your buddies dad will do it if he can split the cases on a 450r he can do it on a blaster if you want to do it yourself see if some one will help you(some one with some motor knowledge the more eyes the better expecially with that) and get a clymer service manual i had one and lost it it tells you everything from changing oil to spliting the cases it gives detailed instructions it is like 30 bucks and it is worth it

you dont have to split the cases when doing a clutch job. just take off the clutch cover and follow the instructions in the manual.
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar

dude i have to get the whole thing out... i need to get to the little arm/shaft thing that the cable hooks on to and i think thats my problem... i dont like to go slow and read but i have that book your talkin about...
    thanks
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

RIP John Gallagher Sr

what page #is that on? so you dont have to split the cases...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

like he said if it is just the clutch or the shaft you dont have to spilt the cases i got confused sorry read the index

how many clutch plates are there?

RIP John Gallagher Sr

ok i got a whole new clutch basket. and all that with newer plates... i put it in and it still doesnt work... i got the little arm thing that the cable hooks on out and there was a nice knotch in it... i think i need that...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

ok i got new cluth plates, whole basket, hub, ect. (not in yet) all the push rods and the little ball... i took the little arm out that the cablr hooks on and there was a chip on it... i welded it and cleaned it all up... you couldnt tell that i did it... and then i put it all back to gether with out the case cover....and the pressure plate comes out a little bit but it starts on one half and then after i have a 8th of the clutch lever left the whole thing then starts to move... and i still cant move the rear tires in gear.... i dont know what it is...

if anyone has any idea of what the hell is wrong please help me! there is like a 5% chance that it is the clutch cable but it goes in and out with ease....
    thanks!

RIP John Gallagher Sr

Its in the adjustment. How much are your clutch plates moving out when you pull the clutch lever?If they are moving outward about a 1/4 inch or so and you still cant get the rear tires to move you need to look into brakes and trans. Will it move if its in neutral?
    Finally got a 450r!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast