Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bent '07 Swingarm

Bent '07 Swingarm

Has anyone else had their swingarm bend. Logan has started to ride harder BUT in no way should the swingarm bend up. IMO. The thing has folded near the shock mount. I say cheap metal.
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    2014 AMA/ATVA 450 2X National Champion
    ALL OUT RACING
    2015 CanAm JB/Mt. Dew Live Wire Amateur Race Team
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

Yes this has happened.....Consult your local dealer for a warrnaty inquiry (to see if it qualifies)

Rear shock is a little soft..especially on a heavy and/or aggressive rider on a 90cc machine
    G-Force Powersports

OEM & Aftermarket Parts
    DRR/Apex Authorized Dealer

Shop Online 24 Hrs a Day!!
    www.g-forcepowersports.com

TEAM G-FORCE---Join Today!!
    www.gforceriders.com

gforceatvs@gmail.com

2011 Team Product
    Mach 1 R/T Exhausts

Hey Gary, Called dealer and he basically said don't bother putting on another factory swinger cause it will just bent too. He probably right. Logan only weighs 65lbs and I had a Works shock on it. I believe it is just poor metal. Guess I'm blowing another wad of cash. But I still believe the DRR is the ticket! They will fix this problem I'm sure.
    Rocky
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING
    2014 Sponsors: Extreme-Tec ATV, Makson Incorporated, Corrosion Specialties, Rath Racing, Walsh Racecraft, SF Racing, Baldwin Motosports, Apex Powersports - New Philadelphia, Ohio, Action Extreme Sports - New Philadelphia, Ohio,

never on mine but I have seen them been even on the 50's

The LC that ran up here this past weekend bent his ever so slightly in practice Sat., same kid has bent a few in the past as well.
    Team Maine Racing
    Drew Blackstone 44x
    www.teammaineracing.net
    G-Force Racing/PCS Performance/DRT Racing/Coutt's Bros., Inc/Scott Goggles/ Crystyle Concepts/ Apex ATV/ RND Racing/ Hillside Performance/ Parks Performance

Originally posted by dblacks
    never on mine but I have seen them been even on the 50's

The LC that ran up here this past weekend bent his ever so slightly in practice Sat., same kid has bent a few in the past as well.
    And this kid weighs about 40lbs soaking wet!!

We have broke 2 shock mounts (one on the 50 and one this year on the 90) but never bent or broke the swing arm itself. (jinx!)

If you can change shocks and stuff anyway, might as well put an aftermarket one on now as well.
    #17 2013 NEATV Prod C, 4strk C, Open C

thank you to:
    DRT Motorsports, Team Southside Polaris, Rath Racing, MSR, Nac's racing, Gaerne Boots, Lou Russo Photography, Crystyle Concepts, 537 Productions, Juniors Jerky, ASAP Plumbing, Griffin Motorsports, Adirondack Designs,

Hey Rocky,
    I picked up a 07' yesterday from DRR and spoke w/Lou.
    He said that there is a clear issue w/ the metal and they have been covering them through warranty.
    We are starting on the A arms, stem, then the swing arm. But if we could get a stock replacement from DRR. We may be able gusset it for the time being?
    Just a thought.

I'm trying to decide whether to make a stock replacement swinger ( of course HD and maybe lighter) or a complete round house carrier swinger that needs a carrier and maybe a new brake plate.
    The Stock replacement would be cheaper.

Is there anything else that these bikes need that we should know?

Thanks,
    Tom
    www.atvfourplay.com

A clear issue with the metal. From what I have seen the issue is the quality of the manufacture of the product ,seems they put little thought into the product they want your kids to ride. but pleanty into a new reason to by it for them

just helping ..

720 i think you should look at few of the other post on here and you would see thats not true.

yes there is a problem with the swing arm and drr is working to fix the problem, as they have done with any other problems in the past.

The help from drr and its dealers is far more than any other company.
    DRR racing team
    DRR NATION.com
    Dragonfireracing.com
    07 drx 70 production
    08 drx 70 production
    Polaris RZR +6 dragonfire racing a-arms
    http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

ATVFourplay

Hey Tom, Well I have a swing-arm coming from Dave Carter. I bought the long travel version. (plus 2- equal to the stock '07) It requires a 13inch shock. Got both. Not cheap though.
    My opinion on your swinger, make it a stock replacement that is lighter and of course stronger. These come with a decent length rear shock. What I believe would be cool - Stock '07 length with adjustable shock mount. My thought, have linkage like the big bikes and be able to buy different linkage for different length shock. What ya think?
    I'm not sure about the front end. You'll have to do you math stuff on those. I think two different a-arm would be the ticket. One for the 13 1/4 inch stock shock AND one for the 14inch long travel shock. Reason, I already have new 13 1/4 Elka's as do others and really don't have the cash to replace shocks and A-arms.
    Anyhow, can't wait to see what you guy's come up with!!!!
    Let me know.
    Rocky
    Wannabe Racer Dad of:
    #34 Logan Dusenberry
    ALL OUT RACING

Originally posted by ......720
    A clear issue with the metal. From what I have seen the issue is the quality of the manufacture of the product ,seems they put little thought into the product they want your kids to ride. but pleanty into a new reason to by it for them

just helping ..

I am little curious at to what "just helping" means.....

Taking an unfounded shot at a maufacturer that goes above and beyond what most other companies do??

Every brand has issues at some point...Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki etc....I have had at least 3 recalls on my Honda TRX450R.....

They must not put much thought into the product huh?...but their ads are really cool....

One of the recalls was to prevent the throttle sticking at wide open position....only a small issue I guess?
    G-Force Powersports

OEM & Aftermarket Parts
    DRR/Apex Authorized Dealer

Shop Online 24 Hrs a Day!!

TEAM G-FORCE---Join Today!!
    www.gforceriders.com

gforceatvs@gmail.com

2011 Team Product
    Mach 1 R/T Exhausts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast