Originally posted by HondaSkidoo
I have emailed ITP yesterday and have not heard a response from them, however as I mentioned above the dealer I bought them from on Ebay (Honda of Troy in Ohio) is sending me a call tag and exchanging them with no questions asked, which makes me think they know there were some defective tires out there. We'll see.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....that's where I got mine from too.
I've got a less than positive story on Honda of Troy. And, I'm sure if they frequent this site, they'll remember me.
Their salesman gave me a price of $600 for 4 black ITP Baja Wheels with HD Holeshot tires.
When I checked what had been charged to my card on the shipping invoice it was $680! When I called them to ask what's up, I was told I was mis-quoted and I should have been charged even more than $680!!!
So, they in response sent me a call tag to return the tires/wheels should I have a problem with the transaction.
Very nice of them (some might think). But in the process of shopping around I most likely put a sour taste in my local dealerships mouths by going online for my wheel set.

So, not only did Honda of Troy not stick to the price given to me over the phone, they alienated me from my local shops by their fictitious price.

I'd think many here would have gone with H o T given a price that was +$100 less than the local shops.

So, next time I will get all quotes in writing prior to placing an order! Customer service is dead in America...at least in one dealer's case.