Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Wheel Wobble??

Question Front Wheel Wobble??

Hello, I noticed my front left wheel had a slight wobble in it so I assumed I had a bent rim, It was time to get new tires anyway so I bought a new set of ITP rims and HD tires and now they both have a slight wobble.

Is that normal?

Or maybe do I have 2 slightly bent spindles?

It doesn't seem to effect the ride. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rich
    2004 Honda 400ex
    DynoJet kit, Aluminum Air Box with cover and USI Air filter, 2 " exhaust insert, AC Pro Pegs, AC Front bumper, AC rear skid, AC A-arm skids, AC engine skid, Billit gas cap, Billit throttle and break reservior covers, ITP T-9 rims with HoleShot HD tires, Easton Pro Taper fat bars, Parking break block off with MSR AOF Clutch lever and perch, Aluminum warning label cover plates, and Air Scoops.

2004 Polaris sportsman 90
    2006 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 SkiDoo REV 600HO
    1998 SkiDoo Formula 380

Hah!
    Please reference my post from about 2 weeks ago.
    Yep, the HD tires are quite a difference from stock.

It makes it a lot more difficult to keep up with my friend with his OE Ohtsu's. His bike rides so much smoother and easier than mine.
    Where before we were completely even, I need to concentrate like hell just to keep up now with the HD's.

He smokes me on fast trails. But, once it gets rocky, he is nowhere to be found!
    2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 LE
    2012 Yamaha Raptor 250
    2006 Can Am Outlander Max 800 XT
    2003 BDM Chopper

CHECK YOUR WHEEL BEARINGS,TIE ROD ENDS ,LOSE SPINDEL NUT
    (2003)426ex,edelbrock carb,maxis razors,dirt digger clutch,ported and polished,Kibblewhite valve springs and Black Diamond valves,Omf air scoops,Renthal all diamond grips hard compound,Whitebrothers E-series pipe,Hot cam stage 1,Hot Rods crank,Wiesco 11:1 piston,HD CRF timming chain,Pro Armor front bumper,Omf skid plates, K&N air fiter,Outerwears Prefilter,LA sleeve,Longhorn atv high bend big bars,AMR monster coil,08'450r heel guards & pegs,Streamline 7 way stabilizer,450r front shocks,Primary Drive gold 520 race chain,LSR 250r axle,ss front brake lines,07 sub frame, pretty much just engine work right now, top to bottom new.Would really like to convert my 03' plastics to 08' plastics.FOR SALE!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS.THANKS

Thanks. I will check all of them.
    2004 Honda 400ex
    DynoJet kit, Aluminum Air Box with cover and USI Air filter, 2 " exhaust insert, AC Pro Pegs, AC Front bumper, AC rear skid, AC A-arm skids, AC engine skid, Billit gas cap, Billit throttle and break reservior covers, ITP T-9 rims with HoleShot HD tires, Easton Pro Taper fat bars, Parking break block off with MSR AOF Clutch lever and perch, Aluminum warning label cover plates, and Air Scoops.

2006 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 SkiDoo REV 600HO
    1998 SkiDoo Formula 380

Yep, I checked all that too.
    The tires make a huge difference!
    2012 Yamaha Raptor 250
    2003 BDM Chopper

what 2 old said is true. dont get me wrong if its bad wobvble it is a spindle or something.... however if its mild then its ur tires. try razrs... they are not bad at all
    2005 450r orange, Hiper, Elka, Houser, Maier, Zing, Hmf, Precision, you get the point :Sold

2004 400ex yellow, lsr, fox, maxxis, Renthal, Douglas, Hmf :Sold

2005 f-150, black, v8 4.6, xlt, 18" king ranch wheels.

Buy My Truck

i love my razr's. they ride straight as an arrow and hook up alot better than stock tires. they are a rougher ride though with them being 6 ply and all. my buddies all hate riding behind me cause i fling crap all over them.
    04' 400EX
    White Bros. E2
    FMF Hi Flo Headers
    DynoJet Kit
    K&N Filter
    Hot Cams Stage1
    EHS Racing Air Box Lid
    DG Fat Series Nerfs
    Pro Armor Swing Arm Skid Plate
    Pro Taper Bars
    Maxxis Razr's on Douglas Wheels
    Pro Armor Foot Peg Maxi-Mizers
    ASV C5 Pro Clutch Lever
    LSR P-Brake block off
    Modified stock carburetor
    Sparks +6 key

I've come to the conclusion its the tires. Not the rims or anything else. It sure seams like new tires should spin straight.
    2004 Honda 400ex

2006 Polaris Predator 50
    2004 SkiDoo REV 600HO
    1998 SkiDoo Formula 380

my front wheel had a wobble the 2nd week after I got a 400ex. I stepped up from a 250ex that I outgrew and figured hey bigger shocks fast quad lets try some new stuff. Bad idea when its a 10ft up sloped then does into a 90 degree cliff for 4-5ft jump thing. It wasnt supposed to be a jump :/ I did it 4 times then landed wrong and flew off the side of my 400 down about a 8-10ft drop. Well after I fell here came my new 400ex dropping that far down onto my legs haha that bent my wheel and basically made me paralyzed for 2 days until I could move my toes again haha at least I could limp after the 1st week

Originally posted by HondaSkidoo
    I've come to the conclusion its the tires. Not the rims or anything else. It sure seams like new tires should spin straight.
    Yep. Just live with it, I guess.
    I am sweating bullets just to keep up with my buddies EX on stock tires. I used to be able to run with him easily...now it's nerve-racking!
    2012 Yamaha Raptor 250
    2003 BDM Chopper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast