Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever start in their 30's?

Anyone ever start in their 30's?

Just wondering if anyone has ever started racing in their 30's?
    I'm 36 now always wanted to try XC just for fun and to meet people, but somehow life always kept me busy(military, wife, daughter, house, etc..). Well I just got a z400( couldn't afford a 450) and I'm having a blast on it. And was thinking of trying something I always wanted to do(GNCC).
    My wife thinks it's a mid lfe thing, but really I just like ripping through the woods, no crime in that!
    I'd just be doing this for fun, but is this crazy thinking at my age?
    What do you think?
    My stable....- 1986 Fourtrax 265R PV -2005 416EX, 2007 Suzuki Z400- 2004 SUBARU WRX STI- 8 bit Nintendo Top loader, one American Bulldog

I was 34 when I started.

I have been around it and attended races, just never did it until I was 34.

You ain't crazy....The 36+ C class is one of the biggest classes at the GNCC.

Heck yeah, if you feel like doing it I say go for it. I'm 32 and just had to sell my quad but still totally have the desire to ride. As long as you dont plan on killing yourself as at your age you have a little more to lose, (Job, Wife, Child). The guy who bought my quad was 42 and came with his wife. He said he tried it and enjoyed it and wants to do it with his whole family. Midlife? eh! Go for it, as long as it doesnt cause a huge problem with you wife. Good luck

I raced my first ever race at age 40! Probably the toughest race on the circuit too, the WISP!! Liked to kill me, but I had a blast!!

JUST DO IT!!
    RIDE RED !!!..IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE???

1985 ATC250R

2006 TRX450ER

I was 32 or 33 when I started. You are never too old. Just have to remember one thing. You don't heal as fast as you used to
    Jerry

Quadless again!!!!

Yep I was 35 when I started and shooting to solo the Baja 500 next year. I am in the best shape of my life after 3 years of ATV racing! It is a lot of fun and a great work out. Good Luck!
    That's RACIN!
    Todd
    Swain Racing
    My Sponsor House Profile
    GNCC
    6 Hours of ATV America IRON MAN Class
    12 Hours of ATV America 30+ Class
    District 6 Vet Class

2007 Sponsors - Teixeira Technologies, REKLUSE, Cardio Stack, Swain Racing, ELKA, BERRELL's FUEL OIL, Duncan Motorsports, ALL-PRO West, ODI Grips, CYCRA Racing, Tire Balls, Hiper Technology, Scott USA
    05 TRX450R

crayfz Guest
    First GNCC at 34, did a couple more at 35, first class championship in vet at 37, raced in 250A until 42ish, took a little time off, and have won 3 sr class championships, I'm now 47.
    Best nat. #s 15, 16, 17.

started at 31, knew nothing about racing, forced into it on a dare. Started with absolutely nothing. Won my first National title in 2005, 4 local championships. None in last couple of years but still having a blast. Good luck!!!!
    2001-2004 Student of the Arts
    2005 GNCC Utility Stock Champion
    2006 Factory Arctic Cat
    2007 PQR Racing/High Energy Kymco Member
    2008 Kymco Factory Race Team
    2009 High Energy Racing-Can Am 800R
    2010 Can AM X Team

Both my husband and I (quadmonkey) started in our early 30's. We raced downhill mountain bikes for numerous years, so when we decided to move to the motorized toys it was only a matter of months before we started racing.

first race ever was at steel creek gncc in 02. i was 36 yrs. old. 52 guys in my morning C class, finished 14th and swore i would never do it again. but now i've been racing since and it gives me a reason to stay in shape and i love beating the younger guys.
    06 yfz450
    07 250ex
    05 kasea 90

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast