Thread: 10 hr service

10 hr service

What does the dealer do at the 10 hr service?

2007 LT-R450

I wish i wouldn't have had it done...it woulda saved me over $250.

all my dealer did was: change spark plug, change oil (and coolant i think), tighten my chain, lube my chain, check the valves (needed no adjustment, but since they pulled the engine apart, they needed to put new gaskets in it too)

everything that they accomplished i could have easily done myself. next time i prolly won't take it for the 10hr service...

Landon
    Landon Herbst #24
    Burgard Cycle Race Team
    2006 LT-R450

Special Thanks to my current 2008 Sponsors:
    BURGARD CYCLE , RPM Racing Axles ,LAKER Custom ,Fly Racing , Breezewood Proving Grounds , Fasst Company , Cycra Racing , Action Motorsports , BG Racing , Top Quality Construction , MOM, DAD, and SHAUN!!!

Visit Breezewood Proving Grounds
    Check out Burgard Cycle

most inportant is the valves after the first 10 hours
    www.6gearmotorsports.com

they basically just take your money...

i bought my yfz at the start of November last year... I made a 4 day trip to the Dunes for Thanksgiving, a 5 day trip over new years, and another 7 weekend trips on my bike, as well as riding here where i live... we ride fast, and we ride a lot, and we ride hard... i race the hill over and over and over- having it wide open all the time...

well, saturday i finally got around to checking my valves, and not one was out of adjustment... i wish i wouldnt have ordered the shim kit, as its just gunna sit for another bit...

i just laughed at how ridiculous the service at dealerships is... i've put a lot of hard time on my bike, and didnt need to adjust anything... i would bet they dont even check the valves when you bring it in for the 10 hour service, as they know theyre not going to be out...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

As far as service goes at a delaership it depends were u go. Im one of the head techs at the Dealership i work at and i would have to say is the first service is big but its also as much of a deal to inspect the quad before every ride. That is one think i do my best at is looking over the whole quad and always check ur airfilter and turn off the gas if it sets for a couple weeks gas now a days goes bad fast and can gum up the carbs fast to.

Originally posted by MXBOB
    As far as service goes at a delaership it depends were u go. Im one of the head techs at the Dealership i work at and i would have to say is the first service is big but its also as much of a deal to inspect the quad before every ride. That is one think i do my best at is looking over the whole quad and always check ur airfilter and turn off the gas if it sets for a couple weeks gas now a days goes bad fast and can gum up the carbs fast to.
    well thats why people should use a high quality gas... and if theyre going to run just normal pump gas, dont let it sit for long...

also, as far as the carbs go- you should have it running before you put it away, and while it is runnign turn off the gas and have it burn the gas out of the carb and then shut the machine off... helps to keep them from getting gummed up
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail

sounds easy but no one seems to do it most problems that are wont run or doesnt have what it use to are all normally dirty carb

the world is full of stupid people....

and there is a reason why my buddy and i smoke a lot of people with a whole lot more money into their bikes than we have into theirs...

dumb people shouldnt be allowed to own quads...
    06 YFZ450
    1988 TRX 250R
    2001 XR 50
    1984 Honda 200S
    1776 Turbo Sandrail