Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 400ex vs. blaster

400ex vs. blaster

i have a 2005 400ex and my dad wants to buy a blaster. we have a 1/2 track in our field and wanting 2 know how much more my 400ex would kill it on the track. or if it can hang w/ it.

i'd like 2 know how much better the suspension is on mine and whatever else.
    2002 Yamaha Banshee

looks to me with those few mods on your 4 hundy and if the blaster is stock you would walk away from the blaster no problem but putting a couple hundred bucks for the blaster, it would keep up with you. but its not all just the bike to, its also the rider.
    2006 yamaha special edition blaster
    -front end extention kit +3
    -full fmf sst series pipe with shorty silencer
    -twin air filter
    -moose racing bars
    -power madd hand gards
    -air box vents
    -front fenders shaved
    -blingstar iron cross bumper
    -u.m. air scoops
    -lightend flywheel

like he said stock blaster vs what you have on your 400 you will walk away like he is standing still. also with some mods to the blaster on the track he will hang with you but in a straight line with stock gears in the blaster you will beat him

he found a blaster around here and it has alot of extras. it has a pipe and jets and other stuff. he's a really good rider...way better than me. he owned "back in the day" yz490's and yz250's. he can hang with me on my brothers rm80 (now a rm100) with alot of mods.
    2002 Yamaha Banshee

It doesnt take much for a blaster to out run a 400ex with a good rider. I was swapping it up with my buddies z400 and all I had was lt250r shocks up front and lt250r hubs and tires in the rear. I slid around the turns and got underneath him but he would catch me and pass me going into the next turn and I would get under him and pass coming out. The z400 tipped alot.
    Finally got a 450r!

if hes a better rider than you, he will be right behind you if not infront of you. those 400s dont have all that much power.
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

The 400ex will walk away from a stock blaster.. theres no why a modded blaster can out run a modded (power for power) 400ex. The only way is a better rider, if the blaster has like a 6mm stroker... or something like that.
    2002 Honda 440ex

Mods: 06 plastic, Noleen HVO exhaust, 440 big bore kit, Hotcams Stage 2, JE 13:1 High Preformance Piston, New valves and Springs, Freshly Rebuilt Carb, +1 A-arms, Stock axle with +4" spacers, aluminum air box, custom air box lid, Razr's on front, Kenda in back, Pro Armor Nerfs, Fly handle Bars, Oura Grips, New Black honda seat, Fresh Black Powder Coating all around, Air Scoops, K&N Filter with Sleeve, Aftermarket metal Thumb Throttle, and alot more but cant think of it.

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Mods: 27in ITP Mudlites, 1000 pound warn winch, and um.. well stock pretty much...

I guess it all depends on the track, if its tight you could have some problems. On a tight track its more technique than power. Thats what we have at our house, we have one long straight but that has a set of three single jumps to slow everyone down. When my Mojave was in top shape with all the mods. Big Gun Race, K&N Filter, Maxxis RaZr's, +2 A-Arms, and my suspension revalved to me. I ran laps around him, he had the one in my sig. Now with those new tires its alot better.
    03 Yellow 400 EX
    Big Gun Full exhaust
    K&N Air filter
    Magnum Rev box
    07 LTR Rims and rubber

all rider but the blaster does need a pipe to realy wake it up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike McAvoy
    Big Nutz Racing
    Bnr Motorsports
    Gtthunder
    Yamaha Yfz 450

Ive owned both bikes. Right now i have the 400. My blaster, I had a FMF fatty pipe w/ LRD pro2 silencer. also jetting. The 400 has an aftermarket airfilter, and removed baffle. Personally, The 400 handles better, accelerates better, and has a decent top speed, it only lacks on top end. Dont get me wrong, i loved my blaster, but it isnt as fast. now throw a 240 kit on and better shox, a-arms, and axle, and the 400 wouldnt stand a chance without exhaust and 416 kit.

But stock for stock, maybe a few mods, the 400 IS faster.

Whoever thinks the blaster shouldnt have been replace with a 4-stroke is awesome! Im actually thinkin bout a banshee already
    1989 Yamaha YFZ350 Banshee
    DMC 916 Exhaust__K&N Filter__Boysen Reeds__13 Sprocket__+2+1 Lonestar J-arms__Works AT-Steelers Triple Rate Shocks__White Brothers Rims__Renthal Banshee Bend Bars__Powermadd Handguards__UFO Plastics__Nstyle Graphics__Ceet Cover__Turner Bumper

"It ain't fast without mixed gas"

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast