Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new tail/brake light w/ pictures!

Originally posted by camaromitch

Also, has anyone done anything neat with the turn signal lights? I just have the wires taped up but they are too cool not to do something with.
    how about using the turn signals as a pair of strobes ? kind of a "anti-collision/flashers" setup.

I installed a set of Xenon strobes on my 400ex, and my daughters trx90.
    My intention is to run them during the daytime, when riding on trails where there is a high posibility of having someone coming the other way. (Head-on collision Avoidance).

I have not yet installed a brake light, but I have considered it, and will use this thread as a guideline for ideas when I do a install on my quad.
    (heck, I'll probably end up doing it to my wife and daughters quads too).

I would guess, that the driver used on the strobes, could be pigtailed into to drive the rear turn signals.
    (although it may also need to have a resistor installed "inline" to reduce the voltage, for an LED application). just a thought.

here is a link to a thread I made on the strobes install on my 400ex.
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=strobes

maybe it can spark some ideas for you. enjoy.

BTW- I'd like to nominate this thread, for tail/brake light mod, to be considered for addition, to the "most popular threads" , in Pappy's top sticky.

Originally posted by tri5ron
    how about using the turn signals as a pair of strobes ? kind of a "anti-collision/flashers" setup.

I installed a set of Xenon strobes on my 400ex, and my daughters trx90.
    My intention is to run them during the daytime, when riding on trails where there is a high posibility of having someone coming the other way. (Head-on collision Avoidance).

I have not yet installed a brake light, but I have considered it, and will use this thread as a guideline for ideas when I do a install on my quad.
    (heck, I'll probably end up doing it to my wife and daughters quads too).

I would guess, that the driver used on the strobes, could be pigtailed into to drive the rear turn signals.
    (although it may also need to have a resistor installed "inline" to reduce the voltage, for an LED application). just a thought.

here is a link to a thread I made on the strobes install on my 400ex.
    http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=strobes

maybe it can spark some ideas for you. enjoy.
    I was thinking about a strobe, but I never knew what you wired inline that would make it strobe. I put some electricity to the turn signal wires on my tail light (it's different than lonestar's because my LEDs are vertical all the way across) and when the turn signals light up yellow the red leds go out, might look cool. Thanks for the link. Time to scour your thread

Originally posted by tri5ron BTW- I'd like to nominate this thread, for tail/brake light mod, to be considered for addition, to the "most popular threads" , in Pappy's top sticky.
    x2

Found a problem

I used the R6 tail light and I just thought that anybody else that used this might want to think about mounting it with rubber washers. Maybe the aluminum that EX LONERIDER used was more flexible than my 1" box steel but after a couple hours of riding and jumping the LEDs on the right side all went out (possible a poor quality) and the plastic mounting tabs on the back broke off. There is a third top mount that I would recommend trying to use.

We took the light apart and tried to solder things back together but couldn't get it to work. It is now held on by the top mount with rubber washers.

Just thought you might want to know.

ya i agree good idea man im thinking of doin somethin similar

This thread is over 3v years old..

John
    440ex PPE Stg II headwork, Kibblewhite springs, Crf timing chain, stgIII H cam, Wiseco 11-1, GTT studs, Cometic gaskets, 450 carb, Sparks cdi, Oversize oil tank, LSR +1 stem, LSR +2 arms, , dura-blue X-33 axle, Dura-blue hub/fade/carrier, TAG, Hinson clutch/basket, HMF full pipe, ITP, ASM, IMS, DID X ring, UNI, UM, MAIER, Pro Armor skids, Stainless bolts, brake lines, 450r shocks, Sidwinder, Tusk, Wave.. A lil sprocket work,

For some reason i can not see any of the pics in your original thread i know its an old thread but is there any way you can help me out with some pics of your bracket im trying to mount a light like this one on my ex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234