Thread: Question

Question

Could you run your blaster without a airbox lid? And if so how many of you do.

Yes I do
    Finally got a 450r!

I run mine with out the airbox lid but i got a K@N with outerwears u just might end up cleaning your air filter more
    MASTER OF DISATER

Ok thanks

its better to run it without! more power... or you could just get a projectblaster aluminum airbox.. theres even more power with that.
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

take the snorcle off the box lid and u could use a peice of pvc angled tube thats what i do for gnccs
    Mike McAvoy
    Big Nutz Racing
    Bnr Motorsports
    Gtthunder
    Yamaha Yfz 450

Originally posted by pbblaster2
    take the snorcle off the box lid and u could use a peice of pvc angled tube thats what i do for gnccs
    if it rains up here for mx, i just throw the stocklid with 4 1 inch holes drileld in it. then i duck taple all the spots mud can get in from under the frenders, and i ducktape around the seat. it choaks the motor a little, but i have a pritty good record for mud races 2 wins, a 2nd and a 3rd..
    Neatv-mx #99
    Mark Gehring
    2012 4-Stroke A Champion
    2010 Production A Champion

Yea you can run it with no air box you just need to re-jet it some, or it could start running bad after a while.
    2002 Honda 440ex

Mods: 06 plastic, Noleen HVO exhaust, 440 big bore kit, Hotcams Stage 2, JE 13:1 High Preformance Piston, New valves and Springs, Freshly Rebuilt Carb, +1 A-arms, Stock axle with +4" spacers, aluminum air box, custom air box lid, Razr's on front, Kenda in back, Pro Armor Nerfs, Fly handle Bars, Oura Grips, New Black honda seat, Fresh Black Powder Coating all around, Air Scoops, K&N Filter with Sleeve, Aftermarket metal Thumb Throttle, and alot more but cant think of it.

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Mods: 27in ITP Mudlites, 1000 pound warn winch, and um.. well stock pretty much...