Thread: Blaster for motocross

Blaster for motocross

Alright, I usually race XC with my bored out 400ex. Here recently I have been wanting to do some motocross as well. My dad and I think that I just build the motor on my blaster and run in the 350 and under sport class. The blaster already has a 4" extended swingarm, +3+1 arms and works triple rate shocks. It also has 18" holeshots on the back with 19s on the front. It is pretty much already setup. It needs tp be rebuilt, so I would add a big bore and stroker crank on it. The problem is, I am 20 years old and by brother thinks I am to old to race the blaster. My dad and me kept bringing up that Joey Margaria races a blaster in the gncc sport class. My brother thinks joey is alot younger then me, but I thought he was right around 20. Maybe Im wrong. Im just wondering what everyone thinks about this idea.

whats wrong with a 20 year old racing a blaster? but what your going to do sounds good to me. Good Luck

Sounds good them blasters will fly with the right mods to the motor.
    2002 Honda 440ex

Mods: 06 plastic, Noleen HVO exhaust, 440 big bore kit, Hotcams Stage 2, JE 13:1 High Preformance Piston, New valves and Springs, Freshly Rebuilt Carb, +1 A-arms, Stock axle with +4" spacers, aluminum air box, custom air box lid, Razr's on front, Kenda in back, Pro Armor Nerfs, Fly handle Bars, Oura Grips, New Black honda seat, Fresh Black Powder Coating all around, Air Scoops, K&N Filter with Sleeve, Aftermarket metal Thumb Throttle, and alot more but cant think of it.

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Mods: 27in ITP Mudlites, 1000 pound warn winch, and um.. well stock pretty much...

Call Allen at ct (562)945-2453 or www.ctracing.com he biult mine it will run with 440s and 250r easily.
    Stephen Gruenbacher #22

2005 trx450r
    Curtis sparks full system
    Sparks airbox removal intake
    Hotcam stage 2
    +2 I-shock 3500 chrome a-arms
    Razr mx 18-10-8 on douglas .190
    21-6-10 razr front on stocks
    GBC sand shark F/R on douglas .190's
    Durablue +2.5 rear wheel spacers
    Tusk nerf bars.
    Streamline twist throttle kit
    EBC clutch plates and springs
    DID chain
    Tusk full skid plates
    Wiseco 11-1 piston
    Mx maier front fenders
    motosport black mx bumper
    Fireball racing sway bar
    Pro taper 1 1/8 bars
    Msr brake and clutch levers

i would do some mx porting to go with that 240

it already comes ported
    '07 450ER:
    white brothers xc bumper, prm swinger skid, jetted, baffle removed

'98 Yamaha Blaster:
    Airsal firebreather 240 kit, Vitos 3mm stroker crank, Project blaster aluminum airbox, Project blaster intake, Keihin 35mm airstriker carb, Vitos timing degree key, Boyeson pro series reeds, F7 pipe and silencer, Uni air filter, Durablue +2 axle (stock now i broke it), Kenda Klaw rear tires, Douglas .190 rear wheels (now stock i bent them), oil injection block off kit, EBC heavy duty clutch kit, 13/38 gearing, billet clutch basket, lightened flywheel, Renthal works chain, Fly handlebars, Hellbound +3 swinger, nissin hydro brake kit, banshee front shocks (stock now i bent them) , works quadstar rear shock w/rezzie, DG National front bumper

coming soon:
    Maier race cut fenders
    Elka/Leager a arm and shock kit
    DG national series grab bar