Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Race Ready?

Most Race Ready?

I was reading an ATv Action mag today or whatever its called and they said that the KFx is the most race ready 450 out there ...How can this be i thought the lt-r 450 and the ATK's were?
    1996 Yamaha Warrior 350
    -PC candy apple red frame
    -G-Force extended rear axle
    -Tusk Front sport bumper
    -HMF Sport Series Pipe
    -FMF Hi-Flo Header Pipe
    -Tusk Front wheel spacers
    -Moose bars
    -K&N Air Filter
    -Holeshots
    -Red Powermadd handguards
    -MORE TO COME!!

"I was in 6th gear tapped and some chick on a moped passed me."

i wonder why they put that in there. is NOT the most race ready quad.
    YFZ450 mx

http://www.myspace.com/twisteddinli34

ATV actions and Dirtwheels piss me off with some of the s#!* they say. I remember reading a couple of years ago in ATV action that the 2004-2005 yfz needs motor needs to be updated to be a true 450CC and simular to the 06 because it was way under powered compared to the 06 yfz motor. They had a article on this and they had totalled around $2000 . I like quad magizine and atv sport more than dirtwheels and atv action, they usually have something a totally different point of view than dirtwheels and atv action.
    The KFX is no where near race ready.
    OXC#199

07 yfz450

maybe for someone who is running a stock class hare scramble or something, but if someone is any kinda competitive race they change just about everything, on all quads.
    sold honda 440
    08 kfx450 with pcIII and hmf black chrome slipon, and black ac pro peg nerf bars, fuelatv intake and filter, houser anti vibe stem and mounts, and hopefully an ims or rath bumper.

When in doubt, gas it!

yeah no quad stock is "race ready" i think the ltr would be the closest with those a arms but dont ask those retards at dirtwheels, they say (in a the august 07 450 shootout mag i bput yesterday) that the yamaha isnt good at one thing.....its GREAT at everything, yeah im a little biased when i say that kawi or honda shoulda won but DW had no buisness burying the two like they did, those people will bit** about anything. but just as for my opinion i think the kawi offers more than the zuke efi, wide aarms, simple CB mod vs efi, alum frame, removable flares, reinforced rims, reverse, renthals.

just my thoughts
    KFX 450- prm, 15t, fasstco inserts. proarmor, tag, knarlys

i couldnt have said it any better , but like you i may be a little biased.
    sold honda 440
    08 kfx450 with pcIII and hmf black chrome slipon, and black ac pro peg nerf bars, fuelatv intake and filter, houser anti vibe stem and mounts, and hopefully an ims or rath bumper.

When in doubt, gas it!

well i think the kfx is pretty race ready i raced one of my friends last weekend an i pulled the holeshot every time an was clearing all the jumps without bottoming out an i was racin built 450r's an yfz an ended up 2nd overall an it was the 2nd time id ever been on a track so if u ask me id say the kawi is a good race bike stock

congrats, i havent got to take mine to a track yet so i cant say how good they are set up for mx. but i do know i like how it handle in the woods, and could see how people can get holeshots with this thing.

and kinda off the subject in the last issue of dit wheels they said that the kfx lacked bottom end torque????? explain that one to me
    sold honda 440

When in doubt, gas it!

ATV Sport and Quad did actual unbiased shootouts on the big 4, unlike Dirtwheels--I hate those guys.
    #72 KCCR

yeah i read it and it said that the kfx wanders when riding it, i havent had that problem. maybe thaty had a flat
    sold honda 440

When in doubt, gas it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast