Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DRX50 Dyno Graph

DRX50 Dyno Graph

Just thought I would toss this up, this is a few runs from late in the session and this is where it liked to be with the jetting, any fatter and it lost power and torque.

I ended up getting consistent runs of 3.80 and 2.40 within 1-2 thousandths early the next day with good fuel and a slightly different tune.

When playing with small quads on the dyno you are playing with 100ths and 1,000ths of a point at a time and it can get a bit frustrating at times lol, nothing like their bigger bros and workign with whole points at a time ~

We have two nights of racing on this tune which is 4 practices and 4 motos which he grabbed the wins and took all the holeshots in.

Bike runs very very well at this point and is bone stock with the 21 OKO carb.

obviously the oko21 is working for some
    Team Maine Racing
    Drew Blackstone 44x
    www.teammaineracing.net
    G-Force Racing/PCS Performance/DRT Racing/Coutt's Bros., Inc/Scott Goggles/ Crystyle Concepts/ Apex ATV/ RND Racing/ Hillside Performance/ Parks Performance

great info , thanks
    do you have a graph of the power curve from 7000 rpm and up , or did you note the peak power point rpm? what jetting did you use for this pull main and pilot ? is the carb stock or have you done the recommended mods.thanks again for info
    drr wizard

These pulls are from a "Dead Stop" on the drum, with being a CVT clutch setup it does not seem to be a simple to pull a sample from where ever I want to like if it were a normal trans/clutch setup.

I have a run here from the next morning that is in "MPH" rather than "RPM" and that is prolly the way the CVT runs should be posted imho, it is from 0-25 MPH which is the speed I ran every pull, starting the sample from any other speed gave it an unstable looking pull imo and running it up to a higher speed seemed to be useless and just added where and tare to the bike.

I have to fly up to the shop and tune a pair of TT quads for a local guy, when I get back i will try and post up the other graph in MPH for ya.

Corey

Im with DRR wizard what jetting are you running, my dyno consist of my 6yr old and the street in front of the house. My 70cc runs good but after looking at this i think it could be better. I drilled both holes the same .032 , what did you do to your 21 oko.
    DRR racing team
    www.g-forcepowersports.com
    DRR NATION.com
    Dragonfireracing.com
    07 drx 70 production
    08 drx 70 production
    Polaris RZR +6 dragonfire racing a-arms
    http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

The jetting was at 45 Pilot, 2.75 turns out on AF screw, Needle 3rd clip down and a 128 Main and it all works great with this furl and my altitude.

I plan to try some other things later on like Fuels and Additives to see what can be gained, another thing with these lil boogers is the chain being well lubed releases allot of power compared to a dry one.

Small changes = small increases but they all add up lol.

I want to break 4/3 with this thing stock and feel it is there just waiting to be released, maybe timing or a good fuel additive will do it, Cant wait to find it lol.

Corey

Wow Corey,
    I wish I was your neighbor.
    You have lots of goodies.

OK which one of you shop owners are gonna let me come down for a few days and learn how to work on these things.

Darrell
    Raptor 250
    Zachary #80Y

2006 TRX 450ER

911 Motorsports
    GoPro
    DWT
    Oneal MX
    Vertex Pistons

Here is a few runs of a brand new 2007 Apex 90cc quad that one of our sponsored riders picked up today, thought I would get some runs while it was stock cuz lord knows the mods are hitting it right about now lol.

Thought I'd post this up just for a comparison against the DRX50cc, Quite a difference huh?

Corey

How did your 50 run with a smaller jet, my 70 likes the 95m and 42p my 50 is 100 and stock main.
    DRR racing team
    www.g-forcepowersports.com
    DRR NATION.com
    Dragonfireracing.com
    07 drx 70 production
    08 drx 70 production
    Polaris RZR +6 dragonfire racing a-arms
    http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted by kenjolly
    How did your 50 run with a smaller jet, my 70 likes the 95m and 42p my 50 is 100 and stock main.
    Any leaner than shown above may show more power but much more than above and you start seeing the kind of heat that melts parts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast